The 2024 Half Century (50km or 50 mile) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Interesting ride, this morning. The left-hand crank came off. (Sloppy preventative maintenance by yours truly.) After I managed to get it back on and tighten down the screws, really tight, I paused to take this view near Coddenham.

View attachment 729281

Happy Bidet & enjoy kicking back on your cruise

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Big birthday today, :eek:
Planning a 70 Km ride on Friday to celebrate, no riding for a while after that as am cruising from the 8th to the 25th
:birthday:

Why not make it a 70 miler? :whistle:

Only kidding - enjoy it! :okay:

It isn't my 70th for another year and a half. I'm thinking that weather, health, and fitness permitting I will do a 70 km birthday ride (January) and a 70 mile forum ride in the spring when the weather should be better.

Domus

Guru
Not quite the ride I had planned. Very overcast this morning in Sunny Radcliffe with a cool wind and showers forecast. Binned the linear ride from Southport and did a circular ride of 72.3 Kms. I managed to avoid any rain bar a few spits and spots. First ride this year in bib shorts, finally got some colour in my legs, Blue is a colour isn't it?

Off on a cruise for 17 nights, I may not fit in my lycra on my return. :eek:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Had another great ride today – more info + photos in the ‘Your Ride Today’ thread.

Today was also my new gravel bike’s inaugural ride in this challenge. That’s the fourth of my six bikes to do a ride in this year’s challenge (ignoring any multi-bike rides) – hopefully I’ll organise it so that the other two also get a ride in before the end of the year.

Here’s the new bike (Katie-Mae) on the Nantes-to-Brest canal south of Rohan

View attachment 728069

Which bike will we get to meet in the summer?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Did my May ride today, just the usual Pewsey Vale loop as the weather still isn’t enticing for more! Stopped off at the Piggery Farm Shop in Bishop’s Cannings for coffee and flapjack and got to snuggle the lambs and spot the piglets, restoring my soul after the horrors of Clarkson’s Farm last night! Was damp and not warm. So fed up of waiting for summer. But got to ride my gorgeous golden Margarita again so that’s a joy!

IMG_6734.jpeg

IMG_6747.jpeg

bluenotebob

Veteran
Which bike will we get to meet in the summer?

It depends to a certain extent on which route you decide you want to follow to Josselin - but probably "La Rossa", my road bike - pictured below from a few days' ago at Foveno (east of Malestroit) - that's Eurovelo #1 on the right of the photo ... and you'll follow that towpath part of the way between Malestroit and Rochefort-en-Terre.

Foveno pic 1.JPG

Slick

Guru
So the struggle continues as I scrape over the line yet again.

I’ve high hopes for may, as we go on our wee mini tour middle of the month and then the Fife Sportive at the end of the month, so there’s actually a chance of doubling my point’s total to date. :tongue:

I feel sorry for my legs already.

bluenotebob

Veteran
The churches paint job make it look like a 2d extension of the mural

Yes, it does.

I've been in Trémorel dozens of times over the last 10 years - but not always with my camera. Yesterday - being a bank holiday in France and therefore very quiet - was the first time that I've managed to stop safely by the mural and take a couple of pix.

For anyone confused by the mural reference, here's a link to the mural photo ... https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-bike-in-front-of-graffiti-mural.285497/page-6#post-7194943

50-odd years ago, I worked with a guy who insisted on calling them 'Muriels' - and that word stuck .. it's still quite hard for me to write 'mural' ..

Top Bottom