The Apprentice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

How easy was that task last night and they both made a hash of it.

10 items. Go and sell them. How hard can it be.

Find out how much they are worth through going to places that would tell you the value and go and sell them to the people who would buy them.

I'm astounded they sold that rug to a guy walking down the street!

Not exactly a demanding skill-set seemingly required from last night's show.

And how much does the winner get paid when they start work?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The information about the brief was edited out really. I got the impression that it was actually better not to sell if it was below value, so if Nooral had told Ben no, when he piped in and sold the Skeleton at about £100 below value and done this on other things they'd have won.

marinyork said:
The information about the brief was edited out really. I got the impression that it was actually better not to sell if it was below value, so if Nural had told Ben no, when he piped in and sold the Skeleton at about £100 below value and done this on other things they'd have won.

Yes - so a team could have sold just one item, but if they'd made a decent profit on it, they'd have won!

The first half of the programme seems to give me the impression that team 'a' is the one that's going to come a cropper, only for the eventual 'reveal' to contradict this. It keeps happening.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Even when lots of shops told them the rug was too expensive an item for their clientele the penny still didn't drop that it was worth something:wacko:

Danny

Legendary Member
One of the things that makes the Apprentice compelling viewing is that they have to complete all the tasks in very compressed timescales. So even tasks like this which ought to be simple can turn into a major challenge because they have so little time to think it through.

Having said that, both Ben and Phillip are complete prats in my opinion, and I woudn't want either of them anywhere near a business I was running.

Mr Pig

Danny said:
both Ben and Phillip are prats in my opinion, and I woudn't want either of them anywhere near a business.

Chill out dude, it's not real, it's just TV :0) And darned funny TV it is too. I would've thought the way that Sugar is sacking the quietest, most normal people and leaving the tubes in would've made it obvious it was all just for ratings. Do you really think that if they genuinely went out looking for the best twenty young businessmen and women they would've ended up with this freak show?

It's just a laugh. Like Britain's Got Talent for people who think they're above Britain's Got Talent.

Mr Pig said:
Chill out dude, it's not real, it's just TV :0) And darned funny TV it is too. I would've thought the way that Sugar is sacking the quietest, most normal people and leaving the tubes in would've made it obvious it was all just for ratings. Do you really think that if they genuinely went out looking for the best twenty young businessmen and women they would've ended up with this freak show?

It's just a laugh. Like Britain's Got Talent for people who think they're above Britain's Got Talent.

It certainly is funny. The participants seem to take it so seriously - which just adds to the hilarity.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I did think it very funny with Ben taking ages to decide who to take in and everybody joining in about the debate about why James should go in. Debra then saying that she wanted to go in. It was all comedy this week with no analysis of what went on on the task. I thought Ben and Nooral would go because of Ben's dithering and I thought someone would jump in and say Ben lost us about £100 and told us to sell all the items below value rather than not sell them. Also the taking notes bit was funny.

Maz

Guru
dey got rid of Noorul coz e is black innit? Last week dat ho on da show woz call im Nuerone and Nurofen, She is rasis.

Word up!

Top Bottom