The B52's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought they only had 'one' hit! ;)

View: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T8NhJNpQlsY

But it was a good 'un!

yello

"Love Shack"!!! Mate, where you been hiding!! Check anything from 'Rock Lobster' era, cool as. Sod the girls dancing, Fred Schneider has got to be one of the grooviest 'drunk uncle at wedding' dancers on the planet.

I love 'Give Me Back My Man', but I know I'm a bit of a loner on that one. The red blonde dark haired... arghh, the taller one! (Cindy Wilson??)... one does lead vocal and boy can she sing. The other one, Kate Pierson, did some backing vocals for REM too, can't think of one of the song off-hand now ('Shiny Happy People'??) but she really makes the difference.

Saw them in 1981 and one of the best concerts I've ever been too. So so cool!

Edit: just listened/watched to 'Planet Claire on YouTube. Superb stuff!!

Wolf04

yello said:
"Love Shack"!!! Mate, where you been hiding!! Check anything from 'Rock Lobster' era, cool as. Sod the girls dancing, Fred Schneider has got to be one of the grooviest 'drunk uncle at wedding' dancers on the planet.

I love 'Give Me Back My Man', but I know I'm a bit of a loner on that one. The red blonde dark haired... arghh, the taller one! (Kate??)... one does lead vocal and boy can she sing. She does a bit of backing vocals for REM too, can't think of the song off-hand now ('Man In The Moon'??) but she really makes the difference.

Saw them in 1981 and one of the best concerts I've ever been too. So so cool!

Edit: just listened/watched to 'Planet Claire on YouTube. Superb stuff!!

Each to their own. It was Kate Pierson who collaborated with REM on their Out of Time album, I preferred her Ramones link up on Chop Suey (if my memory serves)

Mr Pig

yello said:
"Love Shack"!!! Mate, where you been hiding!! Check anything from 'Rock Lobster' era, cool as.

Seconded. Awesome band. If their music doesn't turn you on there's something wrong with you!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey - was at a M People gig many moons ago, and no-one knew the support - so got sat down early, you should have seen the rush as soon as everyone heard the B52's start - fab band !!

Abitrary

The B52s, Martha and the Muffins and the Violent Femmes are what US teenagers dance around to at high school dos.

The UK doesn't have equivalent timelessly cool yet nerdy bands that both male and female students can dance around to at dos.

In the US, both girls and lads even dance to The Specials from age 14 but in the UK we are too ignorant for that.

Top Bottom