The Bristol/Bath cycle path.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a lovely ride into town from Staple Hill to buy a pair of bib shorts today, great weather, few errant peds but bloody hell hasn't the surface deteriorated? The section adjacent to the Fishponds Sorting office took my fillings out! I couldn't see where the bumps were due to shadows from the fence which didn't help matters.

I used the B2B for ten years commuting into Bristol but it was never this bad.

I'm shocked and appalled.

That was our first "cycle tour"

My wife was a novice and wanted to ty out a weekend route to see if we could manage a touring day. We have a friend who was one of the original "Saddlebag" group and recommended the Bristol Bath Railway Path as an option.

We trained down to Bath on the Friday and then camped at Newton St Loe in one of the coldest nights I have ever camped in - even the Calor Gas froze!

Packed everything, cycled to Bristol and back and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the Sunday we then cycled to Trowbridge to catch the train home. Not a record trip, but enough to give my wife the confidence that she could handle a reasonable mileage on a loaded touring bike!

Successfully completed the C2C 4 months later.... and haven't looked back since!

We still go back at least once a year as it is such a nice route!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Do bits of the NCN never get repaired? There's a bit near here that was pretty poor and then I went on it again for a laugh about a year ago and it's been resurfaced to about the finest bit of tarmac off a road you'd ever seen.

Jaded

Our local bit (ex-train track) is getting worse by the year. Bumpy, flooded - one bit 100mtrs of 3-3" flooding - overgrown, etc.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Fill in a comment on the Bristol Streets website - cycle survey - you never know they may take note - according to the website Ask Bristol the Cycle City team are reading the responses that get posted on there.

Top Bottom