The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Apparently that's Ross County's first won against Rangers ever? That can't be right, Shirley?

What a time to get it though, for both sides.

A couple of my mates predicted it, one a Rangers fan and one for the other mob.

Got to be honest, I didn't see that one coming.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Heck, Leeds losing at home to Blackburn, Rangers losing at Ross County, now Liverpool losing at home to Crystal Palace! Have I missed any other weekend shocks? 🤔

Arsenal losing at home to Villa.
As a Lpool fan I have, for ages, said that I expect City to win the prem.
I just didn't expect us to throw it away like this.

And Stockport Champions of League 2!

AndyRM

XOXO
Viewing figures dictate and all that, but I totally agree with this. Our TV deal is (one) part of the problem that Scottish football is as held back as it is. Doncaster and his cronies really need to sort themselves out.

When Setanta was kicking around at least other clubs got a bit more representation, even if the coverage was a bit rubbish, though endearingly so if you watch football in a certain way.

Screenshot_2024-04-17-08-08-24-08_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Southampton won again last night, now very much a 4 horse race with Southampton still to play Leeds and Leicester.

Slick

Guru
Viewing figures dictate and all that, but I totally agree with this. Our TV deal is (one) part of the problem that Scottish football is as held back as it is. Doncaster and his cronies really need to sort themselves out.

When Setanta was kicking around at least other clubs got a bit more representation, even if the coverage was a bit rubbish, though endearingly so if you watch football in a certain way.

View attachment 727896

Whilst I agree, it is an absolute disgrace that only the old firm are included, or mostly. They are missing a huge trick from other games, the Edinburgh derby just one example.

That said, I think its time we had an overhaul of TV coverage and allocation of assets, as all it means for my team being televised as much is very few Saturday games with a 3 o'clock kick off, which frankly annoys the life out of me.

I've come to the conclusion that your average football fan is not going to stop home to watch my team on TV, and a season ticket holder isn't staying at home rather than attending a match he's already paid for.

Ideally I'd scrub Monday night football, Wednesday night football, Friday night football and Sunday football, but fully accept the money men have hijacked the game, but televiseing a game should not automatically mean a trip to Ross County for a midday kickoff on Sunday.

Never happen obviously, but the status quo is like death by a thousand cuts right now.

AndyRM

XOXO
Whilst I agree, it is an absolute disgrace that only the old firm are included, or mostly. They are missing a huge trick from other games, the Edinburgh derby just one example.

That said, I think its time we had an overhaul of TV coverage and allocation of assets, as all it means for my team being televised as much is very few Saturday games with a 3 o'clock kick off, which frankly annoys the life out of me.

I've come to the conclusion that your average football fan is not going to stop home to watch my team on TV, and a season ticket holder isn't staying at home rather than attending a match he's already paid for.

Ideally I'd scrub Monday night football, Wednesday night football, Friday night football and Sunday football, but fully accept the money men have hijacked the game, but televiseing a game should not automatically mean a trip to Ross County for a midday kickoff on Sunday.

Never happen obviously, but the status quo is like death by a thousand cuts right now.

I agree on all counts.

Top Bottom