The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Liverpool Vs Newcastle today. We only have to win by 11 goals and we go 5th:whistle:
Who knows.....3 at Chelsea, 4 at City, 6 at S'hampton.............so who knows:rolleyes:
I did like Rogers and wanted him to succeed but he just didn't have it. Klopp certainly is a character.

The way the 'toon are playing that score isn't an unreasonable hope

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's getting interesting at both ends of the table.
It certainly is, only Villa are showing any consistency. Unfortunately, it's not the sort of consistency they want.

It certainly is, only Villa are showing any consistency. Unfortunately, it's not the sort of consistency they want.

Any three of the current bottom five to go down, I suspect.

16 Norwich
17 Bournemouth
18 Newcastle
19 Sunderland
20 Aston Villa

Harder to predict the top three.

Any team who can put a run together and gain ground on the others is going to have a big advantage, but as we've seen, there have been a lot of surprises every week, with 'top' sides loser to lesser teams.

If I was to make one guess at this stage, I'd say Man. Utd.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Villa and Sunderland to go down for me. +1
Sunderland keep trying to get relegated but are too useless to actually manage it. There being a Sunderland fan at work might influence me a bit.
I think it is more likely to be Newcastle to go down despite today's result. Big Sam is an excellent fire fighter and Sunderland seem to have tightened up and got a couple of wins recently. I watched the second half of their game at Arsenal yesterday and they were good, a bit unlucky to lose and scared Arsenal a few times, but there will be many twists and turns yet.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
As people have said, what an amazingly unpredictable season this is. The high profile clubs, except Chelsea for some mysterious reason, are mostly still in the mix, but so many others are defying the elitists and keeping pace (and even setting the pace in Leicester's case). I actually thought Liverpool would bury Newcastle today and was going to have a tenner on them to win when I saw the odds at 6/1 - easiest £60 I'll make this season I thought - am I glad I went out on my bike and forgot to put it on, phew!!!

Off to the pub in a minute to offer some very insincere sympathy to a couple of rednose mates, I am sure they will do the same for me if we do "an Everton" and fluff our lines against Palace tomorrow, hoping we don't, obviously but we often do - 2 years ago we were outwitted against Palace at home and it cost us a CL place. Hoping my reverse psychology does the trick anyway.

Villa are certs to drop and I reckon big Sam has enough ability along with Jan signings to keep Sunderland up. I still think Newcastle will go down, I hope so anyway. :smile:

Norwich are my second team (my university city) but I suspect they will go down as they aren't getting any better. A few wins early on and now they're just trying not to concede - no way to win a match: you have to score!

But even Swansea are in free fall now and the competition for Championship football next season is heating up.

Top Bottom