The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Holding your face and rolling around after being touched in the chest area!!! Cheating footy stars..if only they watched the replay Refs.m

vickster

Legendary Member
This could be a whitewash

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
What a pleasure to hear Bilic's post match analysis. Clearly knows his stuff and far more interesting than the clichéd tripe trotted out by Shearer etc.

I thought Pulis was good as the secondary commentator too.

Spain - classy side, best I've seen in the tournament so far and they weren't at full throttle either.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
What a pleasure to hear Bilic's post match analysis. Clearly knows his stuff and far more interesting than the clichéd tripe trotted out by Shearer etc.

I thought Pulis was good as the secondary commentator too.

Spain - classy side, best I've seen in the tournament so far and they weren't at full throttle either.

Slavan is good isn't he Lothar comes across quite well seems to know his stuff. Also got a lot of time for Martin Keown doesn't waffle on and managed to stick Nobby Savage in his place quite a few times yesterday.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Slavan is good isn't he Lothar comes across quite well seems to know his stuff. Also got a lot of time for Martin Keown doesn't waffle on and managed to stick Nobby Savage in his place quite a few times yesterday.

Yes, I feel like I am learning something when I listen to guys like that. I like the tactical side of the game and do a reasonable amount of swatting up on it but I don't see enough live games to really grasp what is going on at the subtle level.

I come to two conclusions when I listen to many (but not all) ex-players who have not managed wittering on about the game - either they can't articulate their understanding or they were massively dependant on their managers tactical insights to function within and as part of the teams they played in. I veer towards the latter.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Yes, I feel like I am learning something when I listen to guys like that. I like the tactical side of the game and do a reasonable amount of swatting up on it but I don't see enough live games to really grasp what is going on at the subtle level.

I come to two conclusions when I listen to many (but not all) ex-players who have not managed wittering on about the game - either they can't articulate their understanding or they were massively dependant on their managers tactical insights to function within and as part of the teams they played in. I veer towards the latter.

It's good to hear the knowledge of them like you say you can hear the ones that seriously know there stuff versus the ex players who know how to play in there position on the pitch. Although hated by many Ferdinand talks a good game positioning wise and tactics (only defensive tactics admitidly) Shearer was or is one of my heroes but he just comes across as scripted to me Ian Wright is an over excited fan who I'm sure one day will slip up and drop an F bomb about England. Pulls was good though I listen to radio commentary quite a lot Danny Higginbotham is a very good co commentator.

Top Bottom