FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Would you like a centre-based Tour in a town in France in July?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

Paid subs regardless but only intend to do the August 17th down to Whitstable if I can. Alas too much on for the early part of the year (small matter of getting married and all that stuff).

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Honesty. We’re happy to wake up here in perfect peace....

View attachment 392953 View attachment 392954

View attachment 392956

We have comfort and all mod cons, room for cat and dog. We can go and come as we please :-)

And, I do posh hotels every week....
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...gallery.html?propertyId=70303388&photoIndex=6

Sorry - I'm being unfair. There are many things in favour of motorhomes, but I have investigated in enough detail to know that for us the financial and practical downsides far outweigh any possible benefit.

I can see that might be different for someone else.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...gallery.html?propertyId=70303388&photoIndex=6

Sorry - I'm being unfair. There are many things in favour of motorhomes, but I have investigated in enough detail to know that for us the financial and practical downsides far outweigh any possible benefit.

I can see that might be different for someone else.
@Hill Wimp can tell you of every property for sale in the Outer Hebs as well! We have some plans of which the Motorhome plays a significant part.

Clearly we have different cost-benefit algorithms....

Last edited:

ianmac62

Guru
Apologies I cannot make it this year due to lack of leave :sad: It's my retirement year and I'm only working 7 months of the financial year so not entitled to much time off. Therefore I will keep abreast of your activities via CC and updates from @Fab Foodie .

Not like!

@Hill Wimp can tell you of every property for sale in the Outer Hebs as well

Cuir ris an Eilean Giogha gu Na h-Eileanan Siar agus tha mi ag èisteachd.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Duilich. Bha mi a 'ciallachadh meanbh-chuileagan a bhìdeadh. chan e na "mnathan-glùine" a thàinig Google Translate ris.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mod note:

I'll just pop a reminder of the rulez.gif in here and ask everyone to please post in English or to provide an accurate translation of non-english phrases.

Sadly necessary due to a small number of childish members who think it funny to try and slip insults or swearing past the mods via other languages.

Thanks.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I have emailed them. I expect no reply whatsoever. The tourist office will surely not open for months and no one will think to look at the inbox. The recce will pay a visit.
Golly! A reply has arrived from the Lisieux tourist office. My question was: how do we make a reservation?
The answer is: "how many emplacements do you want?"
This does not answer the question, obvs.
Two points spring to mind:
  1. Fridays using one small tent are unlikely to want to pay for an entire emplacement designed for a caravan or motorhome. There might be what is called a "backpackers area".
  2. Those using a caravan or motorhome will need a bigger, individual, emplacement.
Of these two points, the third one is:
3. Not all campers will necessarily want pitches for the same period. Some may arrive earlier or leave later.

The best way forward looks to be that campers email the Lisieux tourist office and ask for one emplacement. But as we don't go for six months it may be that the tourist office, in the way of these things, will promise a reservation that will then be lost in the mists of time.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
So I did we might want only two or three emplacements and they said it was necessary only to email them and she what you wanted and they would inform the campsite guardian.
lisieux-tourisme@agglo-lisieux.fr
Is the email address.
One assumes they know it won't be full or that the guardian will make a note of your request for a pitch.

Top Bottom