The Great Escape 2015 - 200km audax - London-Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh my. Well, don't forget to book your accommodation in advance (http://goo.gl/MjLf2d) ;)

Ha! @arallsopp I have no intention of doing this audax the way you did LEL ie "arrived at the food stop after 230 miles, ate a plate of hot food and lay down on the wooden floor and went to sleep.

20 minutes later I got off the floor and rode another 200 miles..."

My ride report, if I have to sleep, will include expressions like "radio taxis collected me and my bike and took me home"

I do need to do some serious training rides tho. I have my eye on the North Downs!

Mice

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm not entirely confident that I'll even make it to the start!

I've done plenty of 150-160k rides but I've never skipped lightly off the bike at the end saying "you know what? I fancy another 40k!" I'm planning a truncated (120k ish) version of this ride sometime so I can practice the horrible bits (inside the M25) and maybe a raid of the area via the Gravesend ferry so recce some other bits.

OP
OP
ShannonBall

ShannonBall

Über Member
100/400 places sold now

Here's our poster

10940534_10153044481482433_3520728165832698296_n.jpg

OP
OP
ShannonBall

ShannonBall

Über Member
I did this last year... What a great route, well organised and an absolute pleasure. My mate bailed at the last moment so ended up riding the whole thing with a fantastic, friendly islington cc group.
flat route suited to single speed, lucked out with the weather, more flap jacks than you could ever eat and a tasty lunch stop.
99% sure I'll be signing up again.

Thanks, RedRider

It will be a pleasure to have you back.

Lisat

Tempted by this. In fact I have now sent off my entry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom