The Helix in Falkirk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Foldy

Does anyone happen to know if the cycle path past the Kelpies is fully open yet? The Kelpies themselves seem to be open this weekend. I commute that way daily, I have been waiting for the canal path to open for an age! It promises to glam up my daily grind no end.
Obviously I'm going to find out when I get back to work on Tuesday, but if anyone already knows.......

ScotiaLass

Guru
Does anyone happen to know if the cycle path past the Kelpies is fully open yet? The Kelpies themselves seem to be open this weekend. I commute that way daily, I have been waiting for the canal path to open for an age! It promises to glam up my daily grind no end.
Obviously I'm going to find out when I get back to work on Tuesday, but if anyone already knows.......
I believe it will be, as everything opens officially tomorrow so has to be ready for the public (they were clearing up over the weekend).
I didn't get a chance to see that side of it when I was volunteering on Thursday night - too busy!

I saw the "Kelpies" a few years ago when cycling through, and stopping for a quick lunch

I was a little disappointed at the size, and didn't find out until later that these were models of the real thing.

Derrrr!

OP
OP
Mr Foldy

Mr Foldy

I cycled it today. In the wind and rain. Its great! There is a tiny loch, lots of paths, canals and of course the Kelpies themselves. The through route is open. So now I have a very pretty commute through Falkirk and over the Forth. Come on Summer!

Top Bottom