The horror of office speak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Was out at a meeting earlier and was sitting in reception waiting for my guy. (was nice and early) anyway behind the reception it was all open plan and I could see and hear some guy on the phone.

"what can we do to make this green? I need you to make this green for me"

Eco warrior?

No. The daft twat was meaning "Going to fix it?"

Mentioned this to the guy I was meeting who I get on very well with and can't possibly write what his response was or his opinion on the guy before the watershed :smile:

But seriously, what is that all about????????

Melvil

I don't know, I'm not going to internalise this one, compadre, if that's kosher with you - I'm off to a actioning session with some fresh brains...maybe we'll draw a mind map!

ACS

Legendary Member
Melvil said:
I don't know, I'm not going to internalise this one, compadre, if that's kosher with you - I'm off to a actioning session with some fresh brains...maybe we'll draw a mind map!

Having progressed the mind map we will run it up the flag pole and see what drop off then we will go and get all our ducks in a row..... Blah blah chuffin management blah, blah........

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Guy I worked with a few years ago used to say "let's play Devils Advocate" all the time.

One guy who couldn't stand him used to sit and just bite his lip. One day he couldn't take it any longer and after he said it for about the 4th time in 40 mins he replied

"no, let's play Rocky! because I want to knock you out" :smile:

I nearly fell of my seat laughing.

Devil Advocate boy was not happy!

Melvil

John the Monkey said:
I dislike "going forward". What ever's wrong with saying "from now on"?

You've got to allow for the people who live in a universe where time runs backwards, it's only fair...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Let's ignore the elephant in the room and have a heads-up, after all, it's not rocket science.

PaulB

Legendary Member
arranandy said:
My line manager's favourite (and most frequently used) piece of management speak is 'make sure we're all singing from the same hymn sheet':angry:

Play the PC card and tell him he wants to watch out saying that for fear of offending religious groups who don't have hymnals. No-one would be offended but he might think someone could be and stop it.

domtyler

Über Member
John the Monkey said:
I dislike "going forward". What ever's wrong with saying "from now on"?

:evil: Is that really classed as office speak? I'm always using that one. Going forward I may need to re-evaluate I guess.

Top Bottom