The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good: I'd like sympathy for the fact that I've only just got back on the back since a pre New Year bug and am going to struggle to put in enough miles. WIll just make it before end of Jan I think with a potentially painful 64 miler.

redfox said:
The first one is often the hardest, pick a nice flat route and take your time!

Well 45 miles of it are flat and the rest has a 300/400m of ascent but it's a familiar route to me so I know where to save myself for. I've got next week to just build up, my muscles seem not to have lost much but my CV fitness and energy levels are still down after the virus so I don't want to push it too much which means I will probably jump from a 30 mile ride straight to the 64. At least Feb should be easier ;)

ASC1951

Guru
Ah, found you all again - I thought CAMC wasn't on Bikeradar because there were no takers for the 100 milers. Silly me.

So it was off to Northallerton and back for #37, caught out by my favourite pit-stop, the White Horse Cafe in Thirsk, being closed. I had to make do with some custard effort from Greggs, which ran out well short of Leeds.

Joe

Über Member
Well it looks like I'm bowing out of the imperial before I've even started.
My plan was to do one this weekend but Im being extra cautious as I could feel the very beginings of my itbs coming back last week (whilst mashing up hill on the mtb that was confined to the big chainringxx( )
And next weekend I'm doing the Hell of the Ashdown and doubt I'll be up for adding another 25 miles after the ride and the cycle to and from the station.
Poor showing.B)

ash68

well, big relief today. Got the ride in and haven't fallen at the first hurdle.Taken over 8 hrs on my spesh tricross commuter bike but feels great to have done it.Oh just thought ... got to do it all again next month, and march,and april, may............

ASC1951

Guru
Rob S said:
Don't forget to add your stars to your post in the register, ASC1951!!
Yes please, Rob. Where do I collect them from?

Well I've fallen at the first. Still haven't shaken this virus off and some committments in Feb mean it's looking dubious as well.

To be fair, last year was my first year back on the bike after 10 years off so I think I'll aim a bit lower this year and think about it next. It was a nice thought but....

ASC1951

Guru
piedwagtail91 said:
nick them from rob!!(copy and paste)
Well, I'm sorry to sound thick - no, I'm sorry to be thick - but I can't see any
stars on his or anyone else's posts. Mind you yesterday I had my Eye Test reminder from Boots, so are they just really really small?

I shall make do with keyboard asterisks until I find out how to do big yellow pulsating ones.

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

Only official stars are permitted to be displayed....these are they
goldstar.jpg

redfox

Copy the html code below and paste it in your post. Repeat as required for the number of stars you require.

HTML:
 [ATTACH=full]158945[/ATTACH]

et voilà!

goldstar.jpg

Attachments

• goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg
    544 bytes · Views: 56
redfox said:
Copy the html code below and paste it in your post. Repeat as required for the number of stars you require.

HTML:
 [ATTACH=full]158947[/ATTACH]

et voilà!

goldstar.jpg

hell thats technical! i just right clicked,copied and pasted from robs post on the century log thread.;)
goldstar.jpg
goldstar.jpg
goldstar.jpg

Attachments

• goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg
    544 bytes · Views: 5
  • goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg
    544 bytes · Views: 74
  • goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg