The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And with that post now in, @Dogtrousers becomes our 8th finisher! Congratulations on your sixth completion and your first since 2019.

Thanks. 2020 would have been a fail anyway, due to a nasty crash early on and injuries to self and bike, not to mention lockdowns. 2021 lockdowns were still around and I busied myself with @ColinJ 's climbing/weird route planning challenge. I made my comeback last year with the imperial century challenge. And that was a real struggle and to be honest not much fun as I found it so hard. So I've decided that the 100k challenge is my level - after all I do have my free bus pass these days.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
December done and dusted 64.5 miles,103.8 km
Very steady one to the CTC Belton mince pie event with a very mixed bag of riders then I needed another 16 miles to get my distance

steverob

Guru
December done and dusted 64.5 miles,103.8 km
Very steady one to the CTC Belton mince pie event with a very mixed bag of riders then I needed another 16 miles to get my distance
Congrats on your first MMCRC completion!

Nine riders have now completed - only one more is left to post, and when they do it'll mean 2023 was the best year in terms of percentage of entrants finishing (currently it's second best only behind 2017).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Technically Im done I rode an imperial ton today but will be posting that ride for the imperial thread and I don't like to cross post rides , I aim to get a metric century in between Xmas and New year if that doesn't happen I will have to consider wether to cross post or admit defeat not sure how I feel

surely its over and counts for both ?

Ajax Bay

Guru
don't like to cross post rides
Absolutely. Separate rides for the two challenges on the years I did them alongside one another.
Just need another great mild weather window and manage 'real life' priorities.
Mine on Saturday was punctuated by visiting friends not seen for 30 years in the house they've owned since the 70s and I lived in (while they were away for a year) in '84. Spent too long (sunset approaching), rolled out; and a further ten minute delay as the front had gone flat (couldn't find any cause).

ukbabz

Veteran
Plans changed which meant I had a few free hours to get out and ride yesterday. The temps were quite nice, although the headwind was challenging at times. So I've managed to add one last entry for the year taking total to 35 metric centuries (and 10 of these were metric ones). I'd love to be able to do an imperial century a month but family commitments make it tricky enough.

13 rider

Guru
I'm now officially declaring being done 66 miles doing my standard loop in rather blustery conditions , Weather window opened so it would have been rude not to finish the challenge in what I feel is the correct way

Top Bottom