The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeShot

Veteran
Out and about in the local lanes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 24

RickB

professional procrastinator
Ive done a bit of portraiture over the past 3 or so years. Here's one from a shoot with a makeup artist and first time model.
13951642043_5052f8c435_b.jpg

21949502494_ba49d85055_b.jpg

I was taking this when an older lady out for a stroll started talking to me, asking me what I was taking pictures of. It wasn't really obvious with my camera pointed at the sea. So I started to explain and showed her the image I'd taken and she asked if I was going to take any more. Just as she did so the dog wondered back into the frame and addressing him, I said, not unless you get out the way. At which point she huffed out that she'd move on then and briskly took off with me calling lamely after her that I meant the dog not her. Too late though, I'd proper ruined her relaxed stroll.

Last edited:
I like this one better but the composition needs a touch more work. The bike needs to be further right with all of the shadow in the photo. It isn't quite in there. The shadow pointing down and left into the photo. You need to have moved slightly left of where you were standing and crouched down slightly to get a slightly better angle. Hard to explain but with a touch more sea to make it look like the bike is contemplating the sea. The amount of sky and the wave breakers are spot on. (Sorry, I'm not sure if you wanted that or not but it's my 2p)

I think it might have been going for grubs as the grounds is very soft at the moment. No active ants but there were loads there in the summer.
They can drill a long way into the ground with their beaks and then their tongue is something else! It feels along the tunnels to find ants... Which won't take long. Ants are active all year round. They pull food down and store it underground.

Top Bottom