The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Local pub was advertising as opening at midnight this morning- apparently there was a queue down the street... sad people.

Drago

Legendary Member
A pic' of a pub's 'outside area'. I'm not criticizing them at all as they are in business and need to make money,but what's the difference between this and being in the actual pub? It's a pub with plastic walls instead of brick walls.
View attachment 583517
The spec for "open" with regards to covid has been set as the same as for smoking. That means at least one wall must be completely open, which means these people are being very naughty simply substituting a building made of brick formine of canvas won't do it.

I think a lot ofmplaces are going to get a shock when the Carncil or Dibble visit, then they'll go whining to the Mail about the injustice of it all.

I was going to give visiting a pub a miss for a while until its warmer but one of my work colleagues is off to another job so we have a 3 line whip for our small team to see him off on wednesday. Now I am going to sound like a real sour puss but I am his least favourite person in the team and he mine and we will both be glad to see the back of each other. I have seen hie twice in the last year due to home working , I will have to catch a train into London and don't really feel like it. Table booked by the big boss so I will have so put up with free food and drink. Also I will have to drink very little as only having had a drink at new year in the past 12 months and 3 beers will probably have me legless ( told you I would sound like a sour puss)

I was going to give visiting a pub a miss for a while until its warmer but one of my work colleagues is off to another job so we have a 3 line whip for our small team to see him off on wednesday. Now I am going to sound like a real sour puss but I am his least favourite person in the team and he mine and we will both be glad to see the back of each other. I have seen hie twice in the last year due to home working , I will have to catch a train into London and don't really feel like it. Table booked by the big boss so I will have so put up with free food and drink. Also I will have to drink very little as only having had a drink at new year in the past 12 months and 3 beers will probably have me legless ( told you I would sound like a sour puss)
Invoke the Meghan Hewitt excuse. Say you are pregnant and can't travel!

The spec for "open" with regards to covid has been set as the same as for smoking. That means at least one wall must be completely open, which means these people are being very naughty simply substituting a building made of brick formine of canvas won't do it.

I think a lot ofmplaces are going to get a shock when the Carncil or Dibble visit, then they'll go whining to the Mail about the injustice of it all.
This might be a local urban myth, but a pub asked the Carncil for specs; built to them; council told them to rip it down.
(in my very unscientific opinion, 3 walls + roof doesn't seem very "outside".)

Time will tell ... I'm sure there will be a few "wrinkles" in the process, one way or another!

midlife

Guru

Half of the perimeter needs to be open to comply apparantly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-56666447

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Two local pubs pretty busy on my ride this lunch. Full of 'old people' ;) - no youngsters in sight.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
While I was out on my Monday ride, all the outdoor 'spaces' [ie tepees and marquees] to restaurants and pubs were brimming over with people sitting round tables... and a queue of 6 outside a barber's shop.

Are people really this desperate?

- all in this lovely Spring sunshine, interspersed with hail and snow showers!

Top Bottom