The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I remember a friend getting into drinking a mixture of Guinness and Bitter - called it black and tan. In the local Irish run pub he was told in no uncertain terms that it might be best if he didn't use that terminology.

I used to drink that as a youth, now I'm older and I know a bit more of the world there's no way I'd feel comfortable ordering it by that name.

Slick

Guru
and you drink that out of choice?

seems odder than a black and tan, another beer cocktail from a bygone era ^_^
I used to quite like that as a hair of the dog back in the day.

Although in my local, it was a real Pale Ale mixed with a Stout.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I went to the pub 2 minutes walk from my home this aft', to watch the FA Cup Final. I had a few rum and blacks, as well as a few pints. I now feel a bit :wacko:

You had rum with an outdoor shop?

Sorry, I clicked on the 'Blacks' bit of that message

Light weight sage wool jacket, tan and beige 1960's acrylic 'breathable' polo type shirt, off white linen summer trousers, Lecoste 'burnt orange'/ tan summer shoes, cream fedora with a sky blue and red feather, to show both the colours of the two teams taking part...you get the picture!!:rolleyes:
So... You dressed down for the occasion then? 🤔😆

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So... You dressed down for the occasion then? 🤔😆

Yes, I did in a way. I didn't wear a tie or a cravat and I also went 'sockless'! :secret:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Light weight sage wool jacket, tan and beige 1960's acrylic 'breathable' polo type shirt, off white linen summer trousers, Lecoste 'burnt orange'/ tan summer shoes, cream fedora with a sky blue and red feather, to show both the colours of the two teams taking part...you get the picture!!:rolleyes:
A cheap knock-off copy of Lacoste? Shame on you, Accy. I expected better, despite your apparent liking for fake Rolex watches!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A cheap knock-off copy of Lacoste? Shame on you, Accy. I expected better, despite your apparent liking for fake Rolex watches!
I think they're genuine Lacoste, 🤔 but if they're not it doesn't really matter as I paid a mere £1.50 for them from a charity shop. 🧐:okay:

nc_ohc=TT565oZX5OwAX89Sqt2&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=TpfHY_VQEGMAX-uyGrl&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

zEwD1oUPwGEuZC5MQIN3GFonNM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anyway, you certainly can tell when there's been a lot of football fans in the pub, like there were last night for the Champions League Final! How they manage to miss the porcelain is beyond me!! 🧐

nc_ohc=yJ6tN4mR5JYAX9-DuYa&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=ZENqbYTJHWsAX_Svd2d&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=fTWFAQyQMCgAX-LiKqo&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Top Bottom