The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
A great player but Carling is a bit of a bellend,

Nice enough chap when I met him…
1710747008261.jpeg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Possibly about the context, but he was a speaker at some award ceremony thing I was working at and his speech was uncomfortable to say the least.

I have been in the same room at an awards ceremony. He clearly loves himself.
He has that sort of charisma and confidence I’d associate with someone like Boris Johnson.
but you don’t get to be the youngest England captain by being a wall flower.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
TBH I'd pretty much forgotten about ol' Bumface.

He did at least describe the RFU as 57 old farts, and got himself sacked. So he wasn't all bad.

AndyRM

XOXO
Women's Six Nations kicks off today. Expect England to demolish everyone, but France won't be far behind.

France and Scotland to win today, England tomorrow.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Women's Six Nations kicks off today. Expect England to demolish everyone, but France won't be far behind.

France and Scotland to win today, England tomorrow.

I enjoy watching the women’s game.
It’s more relatable to the sport I used to play 15-20 years ago.
It far more open in both attacking and defensive lines as the teams haven’t been coached to death.

GetFatty

Über Member
I have a picture of me and Phil Vickery as my work photo (for Teams etc). Met him on a train to London from the West Country. When he asked if he could share my table I said those immortal words “Of course. But sorry I know you’re famous but I can’t remember your name“. I was about 6 pints in at the time. Truly top bloke, loads of chat and banter.

AndyRM

XOXO
I enjoy watching the women’s game.
It’s more relatable to the sport I used to play 15-20 years ago.
It far more open in both attacking and defensive lines as the teams haven’t been coached to death.

Yeah, I think that's pretty fair. Though to be fair our lineout could use some coaching. I don't know if it was the wind but in the first half it was shocking!

ETA: I did like Wales' first try. Straight of the training ground that one. Set up Tuipulotu and watch her destroy all in her path. Lovely. Second try was very skilful too.

The running for both of ours was great too. Individual brilliance and pace for the first, great hands and technique for the second.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
If anything the sending off seemed to give England a boot up the backside. A very poor game from both until Italy just fell apart.

Fitness was the biggest difference really. Italy's fullback was cooked after about 50 minutes.

Top Bottom