The Secrets of Sports direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
[QUOTE 3665878, member: 45"]I had some of those Karrimor walking shoes a few years ago. The soles wore out in about 4 months.[/QUOTE]
That's bad luck. I practically lived in my boots for the passed two winters. I'll easily get a third out of them. My grey walking shoes are 18 months old and have plenty of life left in them. I don't remember how old my blue ones are but they're the oldest and are starting to wear out. I've had several other pairs too over the years.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, not much new then!

The store on Northumberland Street has been 'closing down' for years...
Read the small print on the posters.

AndyRM

XOXO
Read the small print on the posters.

I don't think there is any! Do they not get around it by having some term that it's not necessarily 'this store' that's closing, just one in the range of shops? I may have made that up.

I wonder how much they'll look at Ashley as a business man. I'll have to wait to find out as MrsRM has commandeered the telly for some Cornish rubbish about a man who doesn't like wearing shirts.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't think there is any! Do they not get around it by having some term that it's not necessarily 'this store' that's closing, just one in the range of shops? I may have made that up.
Should be visible on the poster. There's also no law about how long a closing down sale can last or how many the same shop can have.

AndyRM

XOXO
Should be visible on the poster. There's also no law about how long a closing down sale can last or how many the same shop can have.

I'll have a look the next time I'm there and report my findings! Ashley is pretty casual when it comes to little details, you know the small things like whether you're allowed a controlling stake in two football clubs?

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Karrimor used to be good stuff years ago. I have some old KSB boots that have been used and abused for many more years than they should be capable of. Karrimor now owned by SD and churning out overpriced under spec tat. I use SD for the kids school trainers so I'm a bit of a hypocrite but I wouldn't buy anything for myself from there.

Biscuitfrisky

Interesting, they got agency and zero hours contracts mixed up.
although bad it's actually the agencies responsible not sports direct.

Top Bottom