Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
You also have to factor in where the extra water would go. Given that this planet is spinning the weight wouldn't be a consistent.

I'm not sure that would make a difference as it would still spread out net evenly?

Interestingly, for incremental melt of the Greenland ice sheet, the sea level at greenland actually *falls*(!) - because the local gravitational pull of the ice sheet reduces reduces more than the global sea level rises. Which is massively counterintuitive to me at least.

See eg https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ctic-ice-sheet-sea-level-rise-science-climate

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why have my Arab neighbours called a tabby cat 'Carrot'? It must mean something different in Arabic.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
A couple of takeaways have recently opened on my cycle route home. There are often a couple of delivery riders parked outside with their new scooters and 'L' plates.

Is this a worthwhile way to earn an income? I would define worthwhile as an average hourly rate above the minimum wage assuming that all relevant rules e.g. insurance are followed and all taxes paid.

P.S. I am not thinking of joining them

classic33

Leg End Member
Where have all the dogs, that were being walked at anytime, three years ago now?

There's hardly any these days.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Why does my aunt always think my birthday is a day earlier than it actually is?

That's not your Aunt... DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNN!! 😆

Top Bottom