Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

So, is it lack of basic social skills, friends, or an over exagerated feeling of your own superiority that makes you behave this way?

Lullabelle

Banana
Everyday you come in with a face like a slapped a**e, swear, scowl and tut your way through the day, it can be very depressing at times

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I have done all of the background work, and come up with 3 fully costed and highly detailed proposals based around the very loose brief you gave me verbally - now you say you want something different as my proposals don't meet what you were thinking of! No - be honest - its because you expected us to do the work for nothing when each of my proposals will cost you money. We are a business not a charity. If I give away work that is that technical and specific we would go bust.
Well find someone else who will do it for nothing - and I guarantee you will ask me to put right their mess when it goes t*ts up. And it will. And it will end up costing you even more money than if you had just agreed to one the proposals in the first place.
Sod this - I'm going for a beer (or 3)....

Mandragora

Look. Would it kill you to say it truthfully?
1. You say you want me to do you a 'favour', but in truth, you're telling me I have to take on another joblet.
2. You say you 'don't know' why I'm the one who has to do it rather anyone else. It just 'has to' be me.

The truth is - as told to me by the other person involved in the discussion with you where the decision (not 'request') to add to my load was made is:
because I am good at dealing with tricky cases like this. In a tight spot I'm quite good at handling things like this, and this is the reason I've been specifically asked for.

It's ok. I don't think the sky would fall in if you give me a bit of credit from time to time for being good at some things. Just be honest with me. I'm not a fecking idiot. And yes, if you did tell me the honest truth, I would almost certainly say 'Well, ok, that's fine, I'll do it but it shouldn't always be me. That's not fair or right - other people can pick up the shitty jobs now and again, too'.

*and breathe*

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
And yes, if you did tell me the honest truth, I would almost certainly say 'Well, ok, that's fine, I'll do it but it shouldn't always be me. That's not fair or right - other people can pick up the shitty jobs now and again, too'.
Also expressed as: "I think it is only fair that others gain the experience and skills to handle these sorts of jobs, so I will decline this time, thank you !" :evil:

slowwww

Veteran
1-2-1 'motivational' session with my useless boss today as he's got wind of the fact that I've been approached for a promotion elsewhere, and he wants to keep me as his 'succession-plan' so that he can move on to another role soon.
Him: "You could easily do my job"
Me, thinking, not saying: Well I'm glad that's true of one of us in this room

Lullabelle

Banana
No doubt there will be a day of moaning about how boring your daughters sports day was, lighten up and have some fun, you are so uptight and cold. You are a shrill nagging shrew at just 40 years old, what will you be like in 20-30 years time :dry:

SD1

My brother is a drug addict who has been stealing off my mother who has dementia. I am not allowed to say "die slowly and painfully of the most horrible disease known to man" ....please!

TVC

My brother is a drug addict who has been stealing off my mother who has dementia. I am not allowed to say "die slowly and painfully of the most horrible disease known to man" ....please!
Absolutely crap situation. I believe there are a few people here who may be willing to offer proper professional advice if you ask for it.

SD1

Absolutely crap situation. I believe there are a few people here who may be willing to offer proper professional advice if you ask for it.
I am not sure what you mean by professional advice? Either way I have power of attorney. I have power. She was constantly in hospital, druggy disappeared for 6 weeks leaving his worthless daughter (she had mother sign guaranter for car loans rent on a shop etc etc. I told all the creditors to fu*k off she has dementia. Saved her fortune. When scum back came he found I had put her in residential home. Druggy went round a week later, said mom I will get you out of here. Her response according to the staff, was fu*k off I like it here!!! Now I am having to try and get him evicted from my mothers house. Going very slow very slow indeed. I will get him out eventually. He won't go on the doal because they said he has to turn up for job interviews, which is demeaning. No bills being paid. Shitter but I will sort it in the end.

TVC

I am not sure what you mean by professional advice? Either way I have power of attorney. I have power. She was constantly in hospital, druggy disappeared for 6 weeks leaving his worthless daughter (she had mother sign guaranter for car loans rent on a shop etc etc. I told all the creditors to fu*k off she has dementia. Saved her fortune. When scum back came he found I had put her in residential home. Druggy went round a week later, said mom I will get you out of here. Her response according to the staff, was fu*k off I like it here!!! Now I am having to try and get him evicted from my mothers house. Going very slow very slow indeed. I will get him out eventually. He won't go on the doal because they said he has to turn up for job interviews, which is demeaning. No bills being paid. Shitter but I will sort it in the end.
There are those here in law enforcement, heath and social services that have offered advice on comparable situations before.
From what you have just said it sounds like you do have a plan which you are working through, so if you just want to vent then we are listening. Good luck and I hope you get resolution soon.

ScotiaLass

Guru
While things that you've done are on my mind, I won't let you break me.
I am stronger than you'll ever know and I can live my life knowing I am not the one who used someone else, to get what they wanted.
You may have the material things, but I have a clear conscience.
I don't believe in a God, but I do believe that one day Karma will bite you on the ass.

SD1

There are those here in law enforcement, heath and social services that have offered advice on comparable situations before.
From what you have just said it sounds like you do have a plan which you are working through, so if you just want to vent then we are listening. Good luck and I hope you get resolution soon.
Ta

Top Bottom