This is a good tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
On the advice of my local bike shop I have a new set of Bondhus allen keys.

OK, it's only allen keys, but they are a treat to use, nicely balanced, secure contact with the bolt, and no flex on the bigger ones giving plenty of tightening/undoing grunt if needed.

Some people don't like ball ends, but they are only on the low torque end, so useful for spinning before final doing up.

My 'friends and family' rate was twenty quid, which matches online give or take.

Do you have a favourite tool, allen key or other?

Bondhus.1.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondhus-141...qid=1455439528&sr=8-12&keywords=bondhus+allen

alicat

Legendary Member
My favourite tool is my wooden mallet. It's original purpose was for banging tent pegs in; however it just seems to come in useful for most bike repair and diy jobs I do. Shows my skill level. :laugh:

Lonestar

Veteran
25rldg7.jpg

This is my favourite for getting Marathon Plus tyres on.Wasn't very succesful with normal tyre levers.Been successful the last two times I've had to put those tyres on without pinching the tube.I have four of these and carry two when out and about cycling.

Handy things, soft-faced hammers - which is what you have.

We used to be soft but now we are quite resilient.

We've got payet:wahhey:

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I get through about 3 sets of allen keys a year, 99% of all our fixings are allen caps.
The Bondhuis ones are pretty much what I'd happily use and they're a good make.

My favouite tools ?... Facom protwist screwdrivers, perfectly balanced, hardwearing as hell..
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=tablet-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&oe=utf-8&safe=images&q=facom+screwdriver&source=browser-type&qsubts=1455469059467#imgrc=6m-wtmJcBb88OM:

About thirty quid for a starter set of those screwdrivers shows good quality tools don't always cost silly money.

Same could be said of the Bondhus allen keys.

The manager of the bike shop reckoned they've had about three or four years out of their Bondhus multi-tool, although it's a bit tired now.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom