This is dodgy innit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I've got an e-mail in my inbox from Customs Services titled "Parcel Requires Declaration", it's a 30kb file with an attachment. It's unsolicited mail as far as I'm aware.

It's a wrong un isn't it?

I don't remember ordering anything from abroadshire recently. I'm very tempted to open it but guess I shouldn't really should I?

Willow

I wouldn't just delete

yello

Yep, I'm getting a few of those sort of things. UPS parcel delivered etc. Usually google mail filters them out the spam for me but they've obviously not updated their filters.

surfgurl

Go on the web and get a phone number for the customs department, should be .gov site. Get them to confirm over the phone there is a parcel needing you to declare it.

Id just delete it!

If HM Revenue and Customs want money from you they will hunt you down and extract it from you personally!

Joking aside....if HMRC want you they will contact you via post not email.....keep your eyes open for a brown envelope!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any stuff that needs paying for will have a note shoved through your door - the old fashioned way - cos HM Royal Mail won't let it go until it's paid for...and you have to take ID....

DELETE....................

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Cheers all - that's what I thought. I will delete it.

I got one from me once - which was a bit of a puzzler at first.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Peter said:
Think logically - how would Customs have your email address?

Thinking logically - While browsing the internet after a few shandies I might have ordered a speedboat from Barbados and tried to get it shipped over. I could have filled anything in to get it here for the weekend.

Thankfully I didn't :wacko:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I recently got a letter from Spain telling me that I'd won El Gorgo, a big Spanish lottery. Pretty weird that since I don't even do the UK lottery, but still - a win's a win and all that. Now if I can only raise the 47,000 euro 'handling fee'...

Top Bottom