This running malarkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
Well, an update is due for those who give a flying frankfurter. 5 weeks in I've been on a training plan and I've been running every other day with varying distances, and on one day of each week I was doing a "cross train" so that would be cycling.

So far I have run 44.45 miles this month with 1 mile the shortest and 5.5 miles the longest. It's been blumen' hard work I'll tell you that for now't, I am not a natural runner.

The 10k coming up on Sunday http://winterrunseries.co.uk/route
You've inspired me.

The running shoes come out tomorrow...

classic33

Leg End Member
As some of you may know, as well as cycling, the fragrant Mrs P likes a bit of running, she's done a couple of marathons, half a dozen or so half marathons, loads of 10ks, she is currently training again for the London.

Earlier in the year she says to me her firm are putting together a team for this would I like to join?

No, no I would not. I don't want to get up in the mornings if the freezing feckin' cold to the training, I'd rather sit in a vat of of battery acid and scrape the skin off me bum.

ANYWAY..for some reason and don't ask me why I did it, on a whim and without telling her until later, on Christmas Day I signed up for the run and told her after dinner. She was chuffed.

But BLOODY HELL, its hard, two weeks into the training and I am finding really difficult. It's much easier cycling.

I've just come in from a two mile run, in from the pissing rain, cold and wind. I'm soaked through!

I don't get it. How do folk do it? AND WHY?
Why? Because its fun.

Stephenite

Membå
... I ran for 10 minutes non-stop yesterday evening...

It was actually 15 minutes. Don't want anyone thinking i'm a wuss. And it was W3D1.

Doseone

Guru
I love running, but not pounding pavements. Me and the dog take off into the hills it's a lovely feeling of freedom and being in the outdoors. I like the feeling of not knowing where I am and discovering new places.

Top Bottom