Thunderbugs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got one wandering around aimlessly under the screen of my laptop at the moment like an errant comma. So far it has managed to avoid the corpses of the previous two intruders. He's up there near Log Out at the moment but heading south towards the smileys.

roadiewill

weird, exactly the same here..

nigelnorris

I have a whole community of spiders living in my computer case. Nice warm environment, bit of a disco when the lights are flashing. Good luck to them I say.

postman

Legendary Member
I lived in Barwick in Elmet for a couple of years.Real countryside.Damn things got everywhere.
My first missus got fed up of them so we sold and moved on .
She then got fed up of me.And moved on .

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch and I got covered in them heading out to Soltydog's place a couple of weeks agoxx(. Then endured slightly bigger beatley things which we could hear pinging on our helmets as we rode through the swarms.

byegad

Legendary Member
Lots yesterday. Hot humid and harvesting has started already. They make me itch like mad so the DEET is coming out next ride!

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
Arch and I got covered in them heading out to Soltydog's place a couple of weeks agoxx(. Then endured slightly bigger beatley things which we could hear pinging on our helmets as we rode through the swarms.

At least I knew when to shut my mouth, with you in front, I could hear the "bleagh!" as you hit them first...

That was quite an insect filled ride. Still we didn't suffer from midges, did we?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Are thunderflies the same as the pesky flying ants that were everywhere yesterday evening. Surprising the areas they can get to during a downhill. ;) :smile:

Top Bottom