Tiny Apple keyboard - is there a PC equivalent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Saw some really nifty little white keyboards in the Apple shop today. Does anybody make anything similarly tasty for a PC?

1416824834_faaafbcd3c.jpg

thomas

the tank engine
surely it plugs in via usb/that keyboard one, so you could plug it into a PC?

My brother did this on XP and it simply came up withthe "New Hardware" recognised it as an "Apple keyboard" and it worked fine.

There are some key differences though as the "cmd" button is not used and the "Windows" button does not exist.

Carwash

Señor Member
Cunobelin said:
My brother did this on XP and it simply came up withthe "New Hardware" recognised it as an "Apple keyboard" and it worked fine.

There are some key differences though as the "cmd" button is not used and the "Windows" button does not exist.

Yes, it's just a standard USB keyboard and should work on any PC or Mac. Why would you think otherwise?

It should be trivial to map the Cmd key to the Windows key. Indeed, I believe the reverse is the default behaviour if you use a keyboard with a Windows key on a Mac.

twowheelsgood

Do the wireless ones work? The old Mac ones did, provided you used the Widcomm bluetooth stack and not the default XP one.

BTW: these new ones look fab but are sh*te to actually type on - I do want one for my media centre though. 15 year old IBM springy thing for everything else.

Carwash

Señor Member
twowheelsgood said:
BTW: these new ones look fab but are sh*te to actually type on - I do want one for my media centre though. 15 year old IBM springy thing for everything else.
Testify, brother! :smile:

Carwash

Señor Member
grhm said:
...but they've only got the one without the letters printed on them:ohmy: (my typing isn't good enough for that!)

If you were to go that route, you might prefer Das Keyboard.

Top Bottom