Tit in my kitchen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just a poor wee blue tit trapped in my kitchen... I'd left the back door open (gawd knows why, it's bloomin' cold up here today!) I opened the windows, but in the end I had to catch it and help it out the window by hand... the dog was getting agitated... he flew off, giving a little "tweet tweet", which sounded just like "thank you". ;)

Noodley

Fnaar said:
...he flew off, giving a little "tweet tweet", which sounded just like "thank you". :smile:

I think you'll find that is bird speak for "you left the window open in this weather? Who's the tit?" ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Unfortunately I seem to have a squirrel stuck on my wall...6m up, its been there since 7 am this morning so I assume its stuck and have called the RSPCA... hate the things but equally its cruel not to get it rescued. I assume its one of this years young ones as the adults can normally scale the wall without any problem and disappear at the first sign of us.

summerdays said:
Unfortunately I seem to have a squirrel stuck on my wall...6m up, its been there since 7 am this morning so I assume its stuck and have called the RSPCA... hate the things but equally its cruel not to get it rescued. I assume its one of this years young ones as the adults can normally scale the wall without any problem and disappear at the first sign of us.

We had a squirrel hanging onto the underside of the eves onto the wire over the thatch yesterday evening; it didn’t move for around 2 hours, we thought it may have been trapped so went out to see what it was doing. By the time we’d opened the door and walked round the house to where it was it was gone, nowhere in sight. Hopefully yours will be like that, if you go out does it stay in the same position?

We've had a squirrel come down the chimney a couple of times into the wood burner.

First time it was while we were out, it opened the doors on the front and climbed out into the living room. When we came home ArDee jnr. called form the living room “there’s a squirrel in the room” to which we thought he’d lost it.

Second time ArDee jnr. was home alone and sent us a text to say there was a squirrel in the wood burner, could we get back and catch it as he’d heard it climb down the tube.

The last time it was a crow came down the chimney, and decided to have a fly round after we let it out.

The soot goes every where

Noodley

ArDee said:
We've had a squirrel come down the chimney a couple of times into the wood burner.

Sorry, I have visions of a squirrel standing on your chimney pot masturbating ;):smile:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
How did we get from an innocent bird trapped in a kitchen to masturbating squirrels? :tongue:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
ArDee said:
We had a squirrel hanging onto the underside of the eves onto the wire over the thatch yesterday evening; it didn’t move for around 2 hours, we thought it may have been trapped so went out to see what it was doing. By the time we’d opened the door and walked round the house to where it was it was gone, nowhere in sight. Hopefully yours will be like that, if you go out does it stay in the same position?

No he is mostly in the same position, he isn't moving other than up and down the wall by about 1m, he only moves up when he feels threatened, and it seems to be becoming harder to threaten (not on purpose - what I'm trying to say is that it seems to becoming more tired - bearing in mind no food or water all day in the sun and wind).

I have rang the RSPCA and they say its normal behaviour - I say that its not normal to be doing it from 7 am this morning. I have asked if its ok to ring them again tomorrow if its still there but I'm feeling very cross with them at the moment.

Hopefully it won't still be there tomorrow.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I think we are going to wait till Mr Summerdays comes home now and see if he can rescue the squirrel, perhaps persuade it to jump onto the porch roof and leave some food/water there to get a bit of energy back.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It came down half an hour ago ... whilst we were all watching less than 6 ft away... (discussing what we were going to do) and hid behind the bin where it still is. I've put down some nuts and a bit of water.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well upto a minute ago it was still behind the bin...but appeared to be nibbling on something, then next door's cat showed too much interest in it despite me shoo'ing it away and its run back up the house again:angry:

Top Bottom