To make a fridge colder do you turn it up or down? (Daft pub closing type type questions.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
If making the fridge colder involves turning the knob clockwise, then you are turning the fridge 'up'. End of story.

But not all knives have points... in fact butter knives don't even have a sharpened edge.
then it is probably not worth calling a knife... this is though... :biggrin: (found it at the side of the road when hoping over a gate for a call of nature a few years ago and the ex-police officer I was with refused to take me to a police station - there was no sheath with it and he knew exactly what was involved and how long we would have been there!)
IMG_5296.JPG

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
then it is probably not worth calling a knife... this is though... :biggrin: (found it at the side of the road when hoping over a gate for a call of nature a few years ago and the ex-police officer I was with refused to take me to a police station - there was no sheath with it and he knew exactly what was involved and how long we would have been there!)
View attachment 18262
This happened to us on a walk... found a huge kitchen knife with dubious stains on the blade under a hedge beside a footpath. Rang the Police to ask if they wanted to check it out forensically to see if it had been used in a crime... they said no and just to bury it! :ohmy: So we made sure we didn't touch it and left it exactly where it was.

This happened to us on a walk... found a huge kitchen knife with dubious stains on the blade under a hedge beside a footpath. Rang the Police to ask if they wanted to check it out forensically to see if it had been used in a crime... they said no and just to bury it! :ohmy: So we made sure we didn't touch it and left it exactly where it was.
I was not going to leave this at the side of the road - was on a tourist spot on the Isle of Skye many years ago.. twas clean and it is a very expensive outdoor knife which was great because I needed one at the time. I finally tracked down its maker, so reports of it being lost and no way to trace it, it is his only knife without a serial number and because I had tried to find its owner, he did it up for me free of charge (walnut handle was slightly warped and the blade had started to put) and I purchased a sheath for it - sum total is a knife worth over £300 for less than £40!

tadpole

View attachment 18262
Ah a Harris Bushcrafter in O1 tool steel. Post a picture on Britishblades and they may know who lost it. Paul Harris keeps a list of all he sells.
Edit not A Paul Harris then

Ah a Harris Bushcrafter in O1 tool steel. Post a picture on Britishblades and they may know who lost it. Paul Harris keeps a list of all he sells.
Edit not A Paul Harris then
no it is a Paul Harris knife, but he had none that he knew were missing and no-one buying a second knife after loosing one (this was some 3 or 4 years ago now) and it is the only knife he can't trace so he told me. so I got a very nice outdoor knife for very little money!^_^ My step-father is very envious and appalled that I actually use it for what it is intended for!

tadpole

no it is a Paul Harris knife, but he had none that he knew were missing and no-one buying a second knife after loosing one (this was some 3 or 4 years ago now) and it is the only knife he can't trace so he told me. so I got a very nice outdoor knife for very little money!^_^ My step-father is very envious and appalled that I actually use it for what it is intended for!
They are good knives, a bit heavy to use all day, but a great tool non the less, keep it sharp and Dry and it will outlast you and your kids.

They are good knives, a bit heavy to use all day, but a great tool non the less, keep it sharp and Dry and it will outlast you and your kids.
well it has already been on tour with us twice - one of them a 12 month tour! should have seen the fun I had at customs in wales trying to get onto a ferry for Ireland... Have you got any dangerous weapons, drugs, firearms, kinves, flammable liquids etc... Err Yes. that stumped them.. could hardly say no given I had 2L of meths in a dedicated trangia bottle (marked flammable) in water bottle cages on the bike infront of them at the time! and when they asked what... well I as honest, much to everyones amazement... and all that happened, I was told to ensure it stayed on the car deck and not take it onto the passenger decks with me! Word had clearly got around by the time we left Ireland at a different port because as we approached we were asked the same questions whilst the guy asking the question was shaking his head at us...

Now I just lie and say "no" innocently...:whistle:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
View attachment 18262

I found a huge knife stuck in the ground when I was a kid, I think one of my mates is still using it in his kitchen!

Top Bottom