Tony Martin hit by a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"According to preliminary reports, Martin hit a car with his bike..."

The mainstream press usually reports cyclist/car collisions like this. It's very telling.

VamP

Banned
Hopefully not too serious.

Interesting photo that they chose to illustrate it with. Might leave the uninitiated thinking that Fabian is Tony :rolleyes:

"According to preliminary reports, Martin hit a car with his bike..."

The mainstream press usually reports cyclist/car collisions like this. It's very telling.

I read the press with gusto and have yet to see a report about a car/cyclist collision thus reported.

If I had, I'm not sure how it would be 'very telling'. But as I haven't, it isn't.

I find that very telling. I think. Or do I?

PK99

Legendary Member
:sad: Definitely more revealing than the first report :sad:

and sounds as if "hit a car with his bike" was an accurate description, ie the car crossed the cycle track and he rode straight on into the car - drivers fault, but accurate description.

and sounds as if "hit a car with his bike" was an accurate description, ie the car crossed the cycle track and he rode straight on into the car - drivers fault, but accurate description.
It was maybe me jumping to conclusions but from the original report, I first thought 'hit a car with his bike' was either lazy journalism or he cycled into the back of a stationary car and it was his fault, it looks like I was well wrong!

Top Bottom