Tough luck BMW t****r

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Mrs A and I were returning from a foray into the wolds this pm when along a straight section of rural road on which we were cycling two abreast, a plonker in a red BMW (had to be really!) arrived behind us and had to wait all of ten seconds for a car coming towards us. He nevertheless found time to lower the passenger side window to shout obscenities as he passed. Why is it always the BMW/Mercedes/WVM that feel the need to do this? Do BMW dealers and the like conduct a class of test to ensure all their customers have only one brain cell that functions (albeit with a fault)?

domtyler

Über Member
I generally stop and try to find out what they are yelling. Of course I can never quite hear or understand no matter how loud they scream, maybe it is the engine noise?

mondobongo

Über Member
I had an idiot overtake me thsi morning and cut me up to turn left all because they did not want to wait 2 seconds whilst I cleared the junction. Only thing that stopped me tearing after them was just finished a long night shift.
They have no brains these people and should be taken away and euthanasiaed.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
To restore the karmic balance, I had an X5 wait patiently behind me whilst I passed a pinch point I'm normally squeezed at (couple of stupidly positioned traffic islands) and then overtake leaving absolutely bags of room. I'm sending his reg to the BMW owners club, as he's letting the side down terribly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Manchester Road again John.....

One or two of these death traps have appeared on one of my training runs near Woodford, and the road isn't wide, traffic flow less, but at speed - who the hell thinks they are a safety feature.........

jasper

Gerry Attrick said:
Why is it always the BMW/Mercedes/WVM that feel the need to do this?
Oi! I drive a Merc (SLK) and I'm considerate to all road users.

girofan

IMO the sort of person who generally buys a BMW, is a nobody, who thinks by purchasing said motor that it endowes him/her with success and class.
I would like a BMW, they are a fine piece of engineering, but what prevents me from doing so, is that I would not wish to be perceived as the kind of plonker you describe!

sheddy

Legendary Member
The sensible reason for buying a BMW is for the chain driven cam engine - which doesn't need a s0dding cambelt change every 4 years or so

beancounter

girofan said:
IMO the sort of person who generally buys a BMW, is a nobody, who thinks by purchasing said motor that it endowes him/her with success and class.
I would like a BMW, they are a fine piece of engineering, but what prevents me from doing so, is that I would not wish to be perceived as the kind of plonker you describe!

Please help me:-

I have a BMW.

I bought it 5 years old at about one third of its new cost.

It's a really really nice car.

It's red.

Am I:-

a) a plonker
:biggrin: a nobody
c) an ordinary bloke who likes really really nice cars but can't afford to buy a new one.
d) all of the above

Thanks

bc

Top Bottom