Tour of Britain 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
JTL to be unveiled tomorrow as a SKY rider for next season !

Re the negativity, I also just don't get the negativity. What has Cav done wrong apart from come second in one of the sprint finishes ? You can hardly blame him for the crash on the first stage. Sky's record in the first 4 days is 3 wins and a second.
Cav physiology is not that of a pure climber, he's never going to win on real lumpy stages of an inconsequential race for his team. He's paid to win sprint finishes. I would wager on him doing well tomorrow if it ends up a bunch sprint.

I might have expressed this sentiment with irony but Noodley was quicker to the draw.

tigger

Über Member
Wiggins did say from the off that he wasn't there for the GC and having watched todays stage and seeing Cav at the back of the peloton it made me think is cav really that crap on hills?I mean we aren't talking the Alps here

In Cav's defence this wasn't a stage that suits him so It makes good sense that he keeps his powder dry

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm playing catch up on ITV Player and they seem to have lost Friday's stage! Thursday's and Saturday's are there, but not the Welsh stage, which I was looking forward to watching. Was there a technical problem with coverage on Friday, or can anyone link to coverage elsewhere of that stage - ta!

Peteaud

Veteran
A few pics of yesterday at Dartmoor

198431_4733687466317_1417527165_n.jpg

561912_4733529382365_1342042689_n.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wot? The main bunch got caught by a level crossing and had to wait for the train to pass?!! Who designed that course?

That happens quite regularly in the Spring Classics. It's something you have to put up with in small crowded countries with half-decent public transport.

Reactions: srw

ColinJ

Wot? The main bunch got caught by a level crossing and had to wait for the train to pass?!! Who designed that course?
It happens!

I think it was Paris Roubaix a few years ago when the same thing happened to the breakaway, and they rode round the barriers a few seconds before the train shot past. The riders involved were disqualified for that.

Here it is ...

ColinJ

I'm playing catch up on ITV Player and they seem to have lost Friday's stage! Thursday's and Saturday's are there, but not the Welsh stage, which I was looking forward to watching.
I sent an email to alert them to the problem and got an automated reply saying that they would look into it within 72 hours!

I could watch yesterday's stage now, but I'd rather watch them in the correct order!

Top Bottom