Tour of Flanders this Sunday ( spoilers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
He's something else isn't he 😍

13 rider

Guru
over to the women , sd works in prime poistion 2 out of 3 in the breakaway and 2 riders in the next group 17 secs behind with 34km to go

Cathryn

Legendary Member
over to the women , sd works in prime poistion 2 out of 3 in the breakaway and 2 riders in the next group 17 secs behind with 34km to go

How does anyone beat SDWorx? I really felt for Niewiadoma at the end, she looked gutted in her interview!

Persico deserved second! Or at least the podium. And van Anrooj had an excellent race too! Felt for Lippert when she lost her chain (I think) on the cobbles and the whole peloton had to get off and run!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Feck that crash was mad....sorry but gotta lay blame on that Bahrain rider !
Yep. It gets no better on repeat. That is why riding off the side of the signed course is a disqualification offence, even if that outcome is not normally produced in full.

Shame that small pond was there in the verge, but he should have braked not tried to ride through the water whose depth he couldn't see.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Phenomenal rider! He made it look fun!

That break up the cobbled climb… 😮

13 rider

Guru
How does anyone beat SDWorx? I really felt for Niewiadoma at the end, she looked gutted in her interview!

Persico deserved second! Or at least the podium. And van Anrooj had an excellent race too! Felt for Lippert when she lost her chain (I think) on the cobbles and the whole peloton had to get off and run!
Unless your Anneimeck Van Vluton at your best in a race like this your up against it beating SD . Trek seemed the nearest but just lacked the numbers are Longa Borghini was not at her best having just having had covid. Individual riders against a team like SD are in an almost impossible position

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Unless your Anneimeck Van Vluton at your best in a race like this your up against it beating SD . Trek seemed the nearest but just lacked the numbers are Longa Borghini was not at her best having just having had covid. Individual riders against a team like SD are in an almost impossible position

Trek do seem to be the only team with the star power and even the fire in the bellies to challenge!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I was in the fan park for the finish as the volume of people and road closures made it difficult to get toward the run in as originally planned.

The stuffing audibly went out of the crowd when Pog kicked and it became clear that Van Aert wasn’t going to catch him. And again in the sprint for 3rd. No chance of getting in the barrier though.

A grand day out but a long and cold one. We even managed to find a Prik en Tik open on a Sunday to sell us a selection of Belgian Wobble Water.

As for pics, probably the wrong lens choice in the end but to be honest I could barely feel my fingers to press the right buttons. I’ll post a couple up tomorrow.

Pog was probably unbeatable on that form, and he did everything right.

My only "What if ..." is:
WVA didn't need to work when the 3 of them were together. VdP lacked any teammates up front, so had to chase, and everyone knew Pog would work no matter what, as he knows no other way. Wout could probably have had a free ride in that segment of the race, saving a lot of matches for later. (He played it right for his win earlier in the month- E3?)

I confess Wout is my favourite in the current crop!

Top Bottom