Tour of Qatar Stage 6 (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
With racing resuming again today it looks as if Boonen will retain his overall lead although it's possible Hammond could snatch a win. It's also the last stage for Cavendish to try and take another stage so let's hope there will be some smiling British faces at the end of the race.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Early result only on cyclingnews has Cav as winning again. Boonen takes the overall in 10th place.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
2nd win of the race for Cavendish, Boonen didn't really seem to contest the sprint as he sat up before the line. It's a long season so perhaps he's just content with the overall for this race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Madness

It looked to me that Boonen never really believed he could beat Cavendish today.

Altogether some good results, particularly Roger Hammond's superb stage win. But I echo Flying_Monkey's point that this race will sit in the memory for a rather sad reason.

The women's race starts on Sunday and runs through to Tuesday, by the way. I think three stages is mercifully short for such a featureless race.

Noodley

As tragic as the death was, the truth of the matter is not many will remember much about the Tour of Qatar 2009 at all. Just like every other Tour of Qatar.

The deaths of cyclists are quickly forgotten, unless the cyclist in question is famous or 'flawed' or both. The same is true in other sports and life.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
Four british wins out of five. Not a bad start to the season, is it?
Three really.
First team member across the line in a team time trial doesn't really count as a win.

Top Bottom