Trans Pennine 215 miles - done !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
Woohoo ... Just finished over 4 days. Massive advance for me from where I was last year.

High spot for me was the invention of a new sport - White Water Cycling ... !

The heavens opened when we got to Salters Brook in a way I didn't know was possible. The final run down from the top to Penistone was a flowing stream, no dry land to choose from, many times being deeper than the front hub.

The southerly wind today helped us over the finish line. Problem is I now can't help feeling that in swimming terms it's merely 'a width' ...

oilyormo

gettin warmer??
congratulations are in order. well done!!
did you go west to east or east to west?

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Pictures would be tricky, given the torrents of water pouring over us ... I'll have to recreate it for the cameras ...

I'll post links to the route tracks ...

Tried to have a look at the route but won't let me. Well done mate though. Was it easier or more difficult than you thought?

400bhp

Guru

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Tried to have a look at the route but won't let me. Well done mate though. Was it easier or more difficult than you thought?

Easier by some way. We had a slower rider with us so spent more time in the saddle each day. To be honest I'd definitely consider doing it in 3 and possibly 2 days.

Cool. It's something we have thought of doing at work for charity. Would be a mix of riders so would probably be more likely to take 4 like you did. Will check out the places you said to stay. Anywhere you'd recommend for a group on the second night?

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Cool. It's something we have thought of doing at work for charity. Would be a mix of riders so would probably be more likely to take 4 like you did. Will check out the places you said to stay. Anywhere you'd recommend for a group on the second night?

How many people Russ ? How many rooms needed ?

Would be Easter time next year and would be 5 people (we're a small school with few staff). 3 men and 2 women so 2 or 3 rooms.

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Would be Easter time next year and would be 5 people (we're a small school with few staff). 3 men and 2 women so 2 or 3 rooms.
I'm sure we can accommodate and support if you like, or there will be B&Bs around. We can sort you out with 2 rooms with a combination of beds, blow up mattresses etc. Might even throw in breakfast. We're about 1 mile off the trail.

Top Bottom