Triban 3 - Now with 50% less spokes!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
Looks great! A new set of wheels really finish the Triban off nicely. Do I spot some new powerful Cree lights too? ^_^

I know it might not be as good or as fancy or as expensive as some of your bikes but I just got new wheels for it today and I'm proud! :biggrin:

You don't need a fancy or expensive bike to enjoy cycling, I got my Reynolds 531 Dawes for free and have done many happy miles on it with other riders on blingy carbon and alu bikes. :thumbsup:

There's a few Taliban 3 riders on here.
:ph34r::biggrin:

SubSonic

Just back in from a ride with them, I can tell you a few things:

They're really quiet, when coasting there is just a gentle click which is nice.
I can get up to speed quicker and hold it easier too, when coasting the bike doesn't slow down nearly as fast as the stock wheels did.
Went over some really rough potholes which would have whacked my stock wheels out of true, these are still very straight :biggrin:
Sounds great, I'm glad you notice a positive improvement. Been a very worthwhile upgrade. Must admit, I'm tempted now :smile:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Better pictures updated in the original post with new red tyres :biggrin:

ewan87

where did you get the wheels from and bike shop did you go to to get the work done buddie?

ewan87

the wheels look great mate and at a really good price, do you use Q bike's a lot. I've never used them before, mostly deal with doolyes and Thomson's

Radchenister

Veteran
Love them, got 1800 miles to go before I upgrade though ;) - gotta get runnin up that hill a few times first.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEEXyRL0qE

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

the wheels look great mate and at a really good price, do you use Q bike's a lot. I've never used them before, mostly deal with doolyes and Thomson's

Q Bikes is just down the road for me so I always pop in there if I need some spare parts or items. I haven't really used Thomsons or Dooleys much, I think I've bought some energy bars from each of them but nothing bigger so I can't comment. Q Bikes though is great though, no complaints here!^_^

Looking really good Jazloc! Put red tyres on mine and think they work quite well, what did you go for (can't tell from the pics)?

Cool! Thanks for the link. Mine were Schwalbe Luganos...also cheap...they run well but are an absolute swine to get on and off...tighter than a duck's...

Top Bottom