Tt bike/ frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
As above im 5.11 as cheap as possible please this will be bought by a family member for me to ride in a uci time trial nextyear just a frame would do and i can swap parts over from the roadbike it dosent need to be fancy at all!

TT on the boardman, it is a great bike, with a great wheelset. Buy some clip ons and you have something easily good enough. As Rob says get the TT helmet and skinsuit.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Just got a response from them again and they ARE allowed! Think i might pick some up then, there is also proper bars with shifters and brakes cheap on ebay, think it would be worth it to swap bars over when needed and just leave cables attatched to each set?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What bars are they?

It will likely result in an aero saving but depending on the bars, adjustability might not be as good, which might mean what you save on the bars, you loose because you can't dial the position as much. You could well end up worse off.

It would mostly be the fuss of the swap, the night before the other event that would put me off tbh, I really don't like messing with stuff within about 3 days of a race unless I have to (although I have broken this rule a few times, to varying degrees of disaster and one time, great success), that way I will have trained probably twice, plus a pre-warm up on the morning, before I drive to the race, in order to find if anything is not right.

Top Bottom