Tunbridge Wells interloper seeks friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
For the life of me I don't know why I'm here in Tunbridge Wells as I hate my new job and miss my family back in Brum terribly.

The upside is that I now have the freedom to go fo rides in the evenings ;) that I've never had before so I'm looking foor recomendations for a CC to join forweekday evening rides out or a pal to share the pain with and a crafty pint afterwards.

I may even enter a TT or two!

I'm living in the TN1 area just off Camden Road

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I am originally from T Wells but live about 45 miles away these days, Ianrauk hails from those neck of the woods currently I believe he may be worth a PM as he is a lonely old soul and always looking for company ;).

Have you been into Wildside on Camden road? they always used to be a great bunch of guys, admitedly have not been in there for a fair few years, so if they are all tossers now, I am sorry.

As for clubs, I am not really sure, will you be around in september? If so do you fancy this?

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Wildside is actually on the corner of the road I live on!!!!!!

Have walked past it every day on my way to the office but allways miss it's opening hours but having said that I will make an effort to pop in tomorrow lunchtime as I'm just a hop and a skip away really in the Pantiles.

Looks like a good LBS tho, huge range of stuff behind the window when I was pressing my sweaty nose up against it.

I prob will be here in Sept but on a Sunday will be basking in the glory of the West Midlands, elongated vowels, the company of my Mrs, Brains faggots and Banks's ale whilst listening to Slade ;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
jiggerypokery said:
Wildside is actually on the corner of the road I live on!!!!!!

Have walked past it every day on my way to the office but allways miss it's opening hours but having said that I will make an effort to pop in tomorrow lunchtime as I'm just a hop and a skip away really in the Pantiles.

Looks like a good LBS tho, huge range of stuff behind the window when I was pressing my sweaty nose up against it.

I prob will be here in Sept but on a Sunday will be basking in the glory of the West Midlands, elongated vowels, the company of my Mrs, Brains faggots and Banks's ale whilst listening to Slade ;)

Sounds like.. er heaven!

Yes, definately take a stroll up Mt Pleasant one lunchtime and go in there its a great shop, wish I had one like that nearr to home these days. I think they run a club from there, but also I believe there is a club running from Southborough.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I escaped Tonbridge last year to the Wilds of Essex. Too hilly for cycling in that part of Kent!

We had some good service from Evernden Cycles in Paddock Wood but that was a loooooong time ago. Was less impressed by the cycle shop by the castle in Tonbridge who, when I said I was thinking about a recumbent trike, said "you don't want one of those..." How wrong he was!

Of course, Tunbridge Wells residents are unlikely to sully their persons by travelling to Tonbridge anyway.

Brahan

Über Member
I'm in East Grinstead and often ride out to/near TW. Through Penshurst or Groombridge and beyond..... Let me know if you're up for a weekend spin.

Top Bottom