Ultegra touch up paint ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Few minor scratches on my chainset so I was wondering if anyone has come across some touch up paint/pens for the ultegra chainset.
Have read that Halfords will match the colour and do a very small pot for not much money. Probably the way to go i suppose but just thought I'd see if anyone has come across something else that works.

screenman

Legendary Member
What colour?

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Some dealers/shops are supplied with touch up paints for frames in case they get small chips while in the shop. Might be worth asking for a quick cover up.

screenman

Legendary Member
Grey mate

I would just go for something close then, a touch up of any description. Halfrauds will mix but only if you have a colour code which you do not have even if you did it would not be listed on their system.

If it worroes you I would sand it down neatly mask off and spray to give a unisform colour, but that is easy for me to say as I have wokred with spray paint for a lot of years.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It won't look great as it's a different surface coating - it's anodised rather than painted. Paints are thicker. Chainsets mark anyway, painted or not. Best option maybe some helicopter tape at wear points.

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Let your bike wear its scars with pride.
My OCD won't allow that :wacko:

screenman

Legendary Member
Bang on.

Unless you are fairly skilled with these things they are best avoided. No one notices the odd scratch, unless done by someone who knows what they're doing you can see where something has been touched up from Mars.

I know what I am doing with paint and a touch up is just a touch up. You cannot lay metalics out correctly with a brush, as they need to be airborn to lay the platelets down correctly.

Top Bottom