Unusual Food Combinations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I have just enjoyed one of the most delicious desserts ever, which consisted of strawberries, good quality balsamic vinegar and pepper. Far better than cream.

Do any of you good folk have other suggestions. (And before certain posters come up with whale meat and dog vomit, I am trying to be serious here!)

betty swollocks

large member
Egg mayonnaise and marmite on toast: yum, dribble :smile:

cyclenic

yuck.....

salt and vinegar crisps dipped in chicken soup

cheese and peanut butter sandwiches, or cheese and marmite, mmm

and dry weetabix with peanut butter and cheese on

Keith Oates

Janner
Cooked cabbage and vinegar.

Christmas fruit cake and hard cheese.

Glass of cold milk with a touch of Tabasco.

There are several more when I have time to think about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
Peanut Butter and brown sauce on toast

I like Marmite with my peanut butter on toast :blush:

SamNichols

Gerry Attrick said:
I have just enjoyed one of the most delicious desserts ever, which consisted of strawberries, good quality balsamic vinegar and pepper. Far better than cream.

Do any of you good folk have other suggestions. (And before certain posters come up with whale meat and dog vomit, I am trying to be serious here!)

That's not that odd, Balsamic Vinegar is naturally sweet and vinegar brings out the sweetness of the fruit. Black pepper will add a touch of heat to it, which again brings out the flavour of the fruit. Add cream to that mixture and it will add the extra richness, but isn't necessary as the seasonings on the fruit will bring out the sweetness and juiciness. Macerate the strawberries a little and they'll be even juicier.

Top Bottom