Update - Stolen Trek 6300 - Manchester 07/08/11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rumeigg

Following on from my previous post on here about my Trek 6300 stolen after the Manchester SkyRide on 7th August......

After reporting the theft to Greater Manchester Police, I checked Ebay,Gumtree and other sites,several times a day, for any signs that my bike was being sold on.

On Monday 21st August, on checking Ebay with my make/model details, guess what I saw !!!!! Yup, my bike.

Even though the pics with the ad were taken on a mobile, I instantly identified my bike, which, coincidently, was for sale in the Manchester area.

Contacted GMP straight away, who I cannot praise enough for the service that followed.

I was kept updated by the officer dealing with my case, at every step, from informing me that Ebay had identified the seller, to obtaining a search warrant at court,to

warrant being executed and even calling me from the sellers house for the bike serial / frame number.

The upshot is that the bike was returned to me within 12 hours of initially spotting it.

Cant say to much about the thief because a court case is pending, but the police are examining other records of bikes he has stolen and sold on.

Great service from GMP - cant thank them enough and Im now even more security conscious when it comes to leaving my bike

A Happy Ending ( if somewhat rare and fortunate)

Rumeigg

calibanzwei

Great result!

Superb result, and good detective work by yourself to find your bike on Ebay. I once had an identical job where a photographer had a camera lens stolen whilst he took some shots of a building (he was on some contract job). Its a great feeling when you find the item - probably just as good as when you get it back!

Jaristokraatti

Following on from my previous post on here about my Trek 6300 stolen after the Manchester SkyRide on 7th August......

Cant say to much about the thief because a court case is pending, but the police are examining other records of bikes he has stolen and sold on.

Great service from GMP - cant thank them enough and Im now even more security conscious when it comes to leaving my bike

A Happy Ending ( if somewhat rare and fortunate)

Rumeigg

Well done the Police for finding the culprit and for you to find the bike and telling us all of the good ending!

Made me happy for a long time.

Jari

Flyingfox

Great result, I got mine back too, so know how it feels :biggrin:

The police can't prove that the guy who was in possession of my bike was the actual thief, so he is being done 'receiving' ......oh, and assaulting a police officer as he threw it at her!

Top Bottom