Using a B&M E-WERK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Hi all
Thanks to excellent advice on here I've just received my B&M Luxos B Lumotec IQ2 headlamp and my E-WERK charging device, from Rose Bikes in Germany (excellent prices and delivery within 5 days).
Can't try these 'til my dynamo equipped Thorn Sherpa arrives in a couple of weeks but, in any event, I could do with some help before I dive into using the E-WERK.
I understand the need to set output voltage and current according to the device.
My immediate plan is to try to charge the following devices.
1. A Powergen 8400Ah mobile power pack/cache battery
2. A Nokia Lumia 520 phone
3. A Garmin Edge Touring satellite navigator

The E-WERK instructions say to set the voltage according to the value noted on the input socket of the device. If not exact, then the next lowest setting.
Current, if not stated, is the battery capacity divided by charging time.

They say if you put too high a voltage or current into a device you could destroy it.

It also says that settings for USB devices is 4.9V/0.5A. I wonder if that means all/any USB device?

So far, I can see that the Powergen has an input of DC5V/1.5A, which fits with the above.
My Lumia 520 is proving more troublesome. I know the battery voltage is 3.V and the capacity is 1.43Ah but can't find any reference to charging time.
I can't find anything relating to the Garmin Edge Touring battery at all.

Can anyone help please?

Last edited:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
If you can charge it from USB, then the 4.9v and 0.5A settings will be fine.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
If you can charge it from USB, then the 4.9v and 0.5A settings will be fine.
Thanks Trikeman, and apologies; I note you've told me this already.
Thank you for your patience and very helpful advice.
On a separate note, have you tried charging a cache battery, like my Powergen (which I already had anyway)?

Top Bottom