Valverde may be suspended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ban relates to riding in Italy only, apparently.

What happens now?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He can't ride the Giro or the Tour (because it passes through Italy this year), or any other Italian events. He is appealing to CAS though...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Lionel Birnie said on Twitter that the UCI's rules say that a ban by one federation means the rider can't race anywhere under it's auspices - Valv.Piti won't be racing for two years, it looks like.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dayvo said:
Really!? Wonder what Speicher's got to say about that!

She should have points deducted from last year's fantasy TdeF and the Vuelta!

And not be allowed in this year's big three, either! ;)

Only just read this! :ohmy:

It is of-course too late now to find out if that means you would have got more points than I did, :ohmy: ooops I digress - this may spill over into the Tea Thread. ;)

Will1985

Über Member
Time to dredge this up again. Cyclingnews have published a new article.
Nothing surprises me about this - the Spanish authorities seem to have been protecting their own riders from the outset and/or ignoring the gravity of the doping allegations. Surely global bodies like WADA and UCI should have some sort of power or precedence over national bodies?

Just the codename Valv/Piti is pretty damning if you ask me.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And in the meantime he goes on winning... in the Vuelta a Burgos, he basically controlled the entire race and did just enough on the final day to take the win from a desperate and unfortunate, Tom Danielson, who hasn't really won anything all season.

He might be one of the most blatant and unrepentant cheats out there, but he's going to be hard to stop in the Vuelta a Espana.

Top Bottom