Views on Raleigh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
The airlite got utterly slated in one of the mags recently. worst review i've seen iirc.

The amount of praise given in magazines, and not just cycling mags, is directly proportional to the amount the manufacturer spends with the magazine on advertising.

That is not to comment on the justification or otherwise of any reviews you may have read.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I owned one of their Avanti models, wasn't too bad, some of the frame finishing was a bit Friday afternoon.

As for the Ti Replica I think you can actually source an original 753 Ti frame for about £500. The replica is not much different to the 531 Team Banana replica, which you can get for £150 in decent nick. There's only 125 of the Ti being made so it's a collectors item, hence the £2k price tag.

Wiggle had the 2012 Airlite 400 for £583. Not bad really for mostly of 105 componentry.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've just picked up the Airlite 100 from my LBS, who fitted the new forks for £15 and handled the warranty - Simpsons in Mirfield.

Raleigh have replaced the broken alloy forks on the Airlite 100 with Carbon Aero Forks which match perfectly. Me ^_^

They appear to be from the 2013 Raleigh Avanti U6 pro carbon bike, so it should be better.

OP
OP
S

stuart goodliffe

that sounds like a pretty decent out come- iv just had to have a new chain and front derailleur repaired on my old Raleigh Pro Race after a 'mechanical incident' in a reliability run at the weekend.Its good to have a good lbs at hand.

Top Bottom