Vino wants to go back to Astana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

If Vino finds his way back to Astana what will it do for the credibility of Armstrong, (1999 EPO suspect), Contador, (named in Puerto file) and Bruyneel (DS of Postal/Discovery, a lot of whose members were subsequently caught doping after moving to other teams)?
For me it's like lifting a rock and finding all sorts of wriggling pond life beneath!
Am I the only one who finds this distasteful?

Noodley

Mr Phoebus

If all this Lance, Vino, etc, etc, etc... does happen and come about...
How the f**kin' hell are ITV4 going to shoehorn it all into an hours highlights each night? :biggrin:

yenrod

girofan said:
If Vino finds his way back to Astana what will it do for the credibility of Armstrong, (1999 EPO suspect), Contador, (named in Puerto file) and Bruyneel (DS of Postal/Discovery, a lot of whose members were subsequently caught doping after moving to other teams)?
For me it's like lifting a rock and finding all sorts of wriggling pond life beneath!
Am I the only one who finds this distasteful?

I was looking at the shortarse Tyler Hamilton at the T.O.B. and was very surprised how popular he was autographs and the likes.

I know I definately wouldn't have got his autograph !

Through is name though - he got an interview on TV pretty much every stage.

BikeRadar is carrying the story too. Given the way that Astana is set up and owned I wouldn't bet on Vino crow-barring his way back in. At which point ASO and UCI should ban the team until he f*cks off. One year ban, ffs....:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I have been a supporter of Armstrong, Bruyneel and Disco in the past and consider that they are being wrongly castigated by many, including some on this forum. However if this happens then I will change my mind and hope all of them are banned from the TdF and other races by both the UCI and ASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates said:
I have been a supporter of Armstrong, Bruyneel and Disco in the past and consider that they are being wrongly castigated by many, including some on this forum. However if this happens then I will change my mind and hope all of them are banned from the TdF and other races by both the UCI and ASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being fair to Bruyneel (oh the irony!) he may well find himself forced to take Vino onto the team because of the way that Astana was set up. Even I wouldn't hold that against him!

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
Being fair to Bruyneel (oh the irony!) he may well find himself forced to take Vino onto the team because of the way that Astana was set up. Even I wouldn't hold that against him!

The irony being that sometimes irony is ironic.

Keith Oates

Janner
Chuffy said:

I seem to remember him saying words to the affect, that none of the old Astana set up that caused the team to have a bad name would be involved in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Astana had no comment to make on Saturday when asked about his return.

It would have sounded so much better had they come out and said 'sure he's back when hell freezes over'.

Should he wangle his way back onto that Team and I agree it looks possible then Astana need to be kicked out.

maurice

Don't see why, or should Millar's team be kicked out too?

If you're being consistent I could see the reasoning..

maurice said:
Don't see why, or should Millar's team be kicked out too?

If you're being consistent I could see the reasoning..
Fair point.
The difference being that Millar served a two year suspension and was prepared to admit to what he did. Vino was only given a one year suspension by his home federation and has never accepted that he did anything wrong. Also Millar's offence was committed four years ago. You could argue that anti-doping measures have taken a more draconian turn since then and it would be unreasonable to retrospectively apply them.

Tetedelacourse

Chuffy said:
Fair point.
The difference being that Millar served a two year suspension and was prepared to admit to what he did. Vino was only given a one year suspension by his home federation and has never accepted that he did anything wrong. Also Millar's offence was committed four years ago. You could argue that anti-doping measures have taken a more draconian turn since then and it would be unreasonable to retrospectively apply them.

:headshake::laugh:

You're not arguing that I take it?

Tetedelacourse

Keith Oates said:

+1:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom