England : Northumberland Virgin Money Cyclone 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
4th for me!

Doing the 6-bridges 15 miler with the kids n mrs T coming along.
Might see if the 63 miler us a doer for me tho.
Done the 63 twice myself and the 33 twice with the kids.
The 2nd 62 I did was supposed to be the 104 but riding with my BIL and FIL the average was 10mph so I feigned tiredness and cut out to the 63, they got home at 9:25 pm - I had a life

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Haven't signed up yet but will do so soon, doing the 100+ one. As put above, this is my 7th one, and it's always been a great day, well organised, fantastic route with some nice challenging hills

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just signed up for 104.... first time they've had helmets as compulsory... I'm not usually a helmet wearer...better wipe the dust off it :smile:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 3109816, member: 259"]That's a terrible shame.[/QUOTE]
Insurance requirement, apparently... I just find them a bit uncomfortable, so usually don't wear, but never mind... looking forward to the ride anyway... although bike in LBS getting new chain, cassette, big chainring... all a bit knackered.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If it still fits (will try it on later) I will be wearing my CycleChat jersey... come and say Hi if you spot me! :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
It is indeed! I've managed to sort the issues with (one of) my bikes so I should be able to haul myself around the 100km route.

I'll look out for your shiny purple helmet @Fnaar.

AndyRM

XOXO
Another year, another Cyclone disaster. Back of my legs started burning after about 10 miles so I did the little route. Medic dudes at the end reckon I've got tendonitis :sad: Although I was first back with a guy I met called Raymond!

Still, 40 ish miles out on the bike in the sun. Can't complain too much!

How did you get on @Fnaar?

Top Bottom