Wahoo Memory Full

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Asking for a friend.........really. During a conversation tonight a friend mentioned her Wahoo Bolt is almost full and she only has a few MB of storage available. I have an Elemnt my friend a Bolt. Both devices have 2.78GB of storage. I have 1.95GB free but my friend only a few hundred MBs - I forget exactly how much. I have UK maps plus France installed, she has UK plus Portugal. I have 6 months of ride history stored - my device was replaced in January - she has about 15 months.

I've never heard anyone in our club complain the Wahoo memory was full, mention a need to delete history and I can't find anything on the web. Is this an issue others have encountered? I presume the solution is simply to delete some or all of the Ride History?

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Recorded rides will not even make a dent on storage measured in Gb. Suggest a rogue map might be the blame. If you plug into a PC (or Mac) does it appear as a USB drive so you can where what’s taking up the space?

Milzy

Guru
I once had many routes saved, in the hope of some day actually doing them. The memory was quite full. I couldn't manually delete them so I just re-set.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Recorded rides will not even make a dent on storage measured in Gb. Suggest a rogue map might be the blame. If you plug into a PC (or Mac) does it appear as a USB drive so you can where what’s taking up the space?
We've been talking on the phone rather than me being able to see this first hand. From the conversation yes she has it plugged in and can see it as a USB drive and can see the same Folders as I do if I plug mine in. I agree about the rides; I did a century last Thursday and that is only 576kb and most are around 250-300kb.

My first thought was maps and expected to find she still had the default full world installed.

Your comment makes me wonder if removing the currently installed maps and then reinstalling would help. Worth a try.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I once had many routes saved, in the hope of some day actually doing them. The memory was quite full. I couldn't manually delete them so I just re-set.
Yep this is certainly a solution but my friend is reluctant to reset as she wants to retain her rides. They're all on Strava so I don't really understand why.

rivers

How far can I go?
Yep this is certainly a solution but my friend is reluctant to reset as she wants to retain her rides. They're all on Strava so I don't really understand why.
I reset mine recently and they all remained on the history in the app

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
We've been talking on the phone rather than me being able to see this first hand. From the conversation yes she has it plugged in and can see it as a USB drive and can see the same Folders as I do if I plug mine in. I agree about the rides; I did a century last Thursday and that is only 576kb and most are around 250-300kb.

My first thought was maps and expected to find she still had the default full world installed.

Your comment makes me wonder if removing the currently installed maps and then reinstalling would help. Worth a try.

Certainly worth a try and the only likely files taking up space measured in Gb are maps. As an example my UK map is 405Mb. It will be a different map to what is on her GPS but it'll give a ballpark to what you can expect. I can see a base world map easily eating up gb of the storage on the GPS.

Top Bottom