Walking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Come late autumn early winter i intend to do more walking and give my trusty steed a bit of a rest.
I have up to one hundred pounds to spend on some walking shoes not boots and it will mainly be on hard ground/pavement.
I will not be walking long distances probably between five and ten miles
Anyone got any tips on shoes or brands they have used?

vickster

Legendary Member
Ones that are comfortable :smile:
I’d go to Go Outdoors, Decathlon, Blacks, Cotswold Outdoors etc and see what they have
Merrell, Salomon good brands.
Here’s what GO have up to your budgetish (a fiver to get the discount card)
https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/mens/footwear/multisport-trail/p:44-127/
There have been prior threads on similar if you do a search :smile:

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Consider Sketchers
https://www.skechers.co.uk/men/shop-by-activity/trail-hiking/

May not be the first shop you would think of, but they have a good range.

My daughter wears a lot of sketchers, and an advantage is they can be machine washed. Not sure if every model can be.

Went out for a short-ish walk with my wife at the weekend. She said she was taking "walking shoes" and I was a bit surprised that she was wearing something from Sketchers. She loves them.

tom73

Guru
Go to Cotswold Outdoor they have staff that know what they are taking about. If you've a paid membership of an organisation worth checking if they they are on the discount list. They are often on a lot of them. They do NHS and blue light discount if you've one.
Jackwolfskin worth a look too practical stuff thats well made and has a bit a style about it.

Forgot to say the money I have to spend comes from an Amazon gift card.
Plenty to choose from though including brands like merrell,skechers and saloman which were mentioned by @vickster

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
Anyone got any tips on shoes or brands they have used?
Another vote for Skechers - particularly if you have difficult feet.

My feet are *very* wide and intensely dislike stiff shoes - they blister easily. I have found Skechers to be incredibly comfortable - they do do walking type shoes as well as relaxed shoes. If they have one downside it's longevity.

However I often wear my skechers but hate my proper walking shoes with a vengeance.

Drago

Legendary Member
Merrell or Saloman for me. The sweet spot between quality and price.

Never tried and walking boot/-shoe type Skechers, but their shoes are lovely so I can quite believe the right pair would be up to the job.

Mike Ayling

Veteran
Merrell are good but pricey here in Oz.
I got a pair of walking shoes from the last Aldi special offer. About AUD $50
I am happy with them.

Top Bottom