Walnuts cracked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
was that before you got fat then?
Yep! And I smoked 20 Old Holborn a day ....

Tim Hall

Yes. Norwich City
I had a reply from la nogal, which says "he is quite battered internally" (bit like a Heston Blumenthal style portion of fish then). "...head took a funny turn yesterday afternoon" (getting back to normal) and he "popped to A&E". "Spinal boarded and then neck collared", he was restrained sufficiently to not cause alarm in the department. "Tests and a CT scan later confirmed that he had concussion". Davy was "advised to rest and take it easy for a week", so he will be going to work as usual...and thanks everyone for their concern. "He'll write soon", when he's finished with the wheelchair spinning class in the corridor.
(serious for a moment) 'Teef, tell him not fark about. Concussion is no laughing matter.

(ooh, the sweary filter is creative, isn't it)

Don't worry, Tim - he's seen a doctor etc.
He was going to see a shrink later, but I told him not to bother - just buy some bigger clothes.
While he was in the hosp. he was reading about kidney donors etc, and thought he might like to try one as the usual filling was lamb. His IQ is unimpeded, although he was suffering from double vision, or so he thought...until he realised his front fork really was in two pieces.:smile:
He's posting the usual guff here and there and, hopefully, he will be online soon to give substance to all our words. :rolleyes:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh well, I am feeling the love, thank you one and all and his deership 'teef for this thread, thank you.

Long story short, driver failed to spot me and my Cateye Nano Shot Plus (very bright) flashing away, just gone midnight, so in dark, but, no longer raining conditions and drove straight into my left side from a junction. (Approach to Feltham train station level crossing if you know the area). I saw him approach junction, I slowed down, he slowed down, I carried on, he accelerated impacted my left side, I rolled (and not in the kebab roll way) over the car front, bike went flying, I landed on my right side and slumped to the floor.

What beat me up the most, baring the state of my beautiful bike, was from not wearing my non-waterpoof camera. This so from the increment weather that had by then ceased. Driver admitted full liability and some dappy drunk girl passing thought she could could fixed the snapped carbon forks. She explained she had only had two drinks of the alcoholic type, whist still swigging the large version tin that Stella produce..

Police attended, Ambulance didn't. They called two hours later wondering if I still needed attention...

So, I was battered and in shock but went down hill the next day rapidly. 8 hrs later in West Med, over half spent trapped to a spinal board and head block in the only spare bed space they had, the resuss dept, following a CT scan and lotsa prodding, they concluded it was concussion. And so forth, my head and my memory have not been right since. Short term memory is atrocious. I have a constant low-level ringing in my ears, like tinnitus. Trapped nerve or something like that from the right shoulder to my forearm. Lower right leg/ankle damage. And various stiffness, bruises, so forth, associated with being hit by a large heavy object. I have lost that edge of confidence and trust out cycling currently but I am not giving up. But, hey, am alive, albeit from so much painkillers and the wrecking of my immune system, I am now man-flu ridden.. Is there such a thing as a common-cold that can be associated with men now these days other than man-flu?

The most infuriating post incident occurrence was the frequency and looks when under question about not wearing a helmet... Sod the back pack stuffed with clothes that's saved me and on more than one occasion it seemed.. All in fact come to think of it.

Anyhow, as to above... A stewards inquiry is well needed.. hahaha.

And as regards to climbing Ditchling single speed, it was a 72" gear. And it was done mostly track standing, following behind a dear gentleman doing his utmost to achieve the great proudness that comes with conquering the beast it is. Oh, can I add, for extra resistance, a basic hub dynamo was attached and on too... And I had eaten lotsa kebab too that night....

But yes, anyhow, I will get there I am sure and so thank you all again.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ouch! Hope you recover soon.

When I got blown over last December I landed on my head and found I had lost the ability to count to 10. Which doesn't help when I was marking assignments / exams over the following 4 weeks :whistle:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ouch! Hope you recover soon.

When I got blown over last December I landed on my head and found I had lost the ability to count to 10. Which doesn't help when I was marking assignments / exams over the following 4 weeks :whistle:

Ohhhhouchies.

To me, it goes, '1, 2, 3, oh, am counting, what am I counting for. Whats that I can smell. Why is the oven on and nothing in it. Am confused, ill sit down. Oh, my back, why does it hurt, oh yes, dinner, am hungry, wheres dinner, why is there no food in the fridge, why is the fridge open...' and so forth... Oh well..

Top Bottom