Wanted: 1" carbon fork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Owsh

Hi all, I'm after a 1 inch carbon fork for a restoration project. Ideally threadless but happy either way.
Cheers,
Owain

OP
OP
Owsh

Owsh

Should probably add ideally uncut steerer tube and for road bike :wacko:

iluvmybike

Über Member
Hi all, I'm after a 1 inch carbon fork for a restoration project. Ideally threadless but happy either way.
Cheers,
Owain
I may have - will need to get up in our loft and search it out to see if it is 1" or not - it is brand new uncut

walkman-man

No pics as I first wanted to establish if you could actually be interested and imagined this would be someone who'd match the forks to a yellow frame or beater bike, but you wouldn't seem to be one of these or I'd imagined you'd have said so. But this could be academic though as I've just spotted your second post in the thread requesting that the forks must be one where it's steerer has been left uncut/be a long steerer, and I recall my forks were fitted to quite a small sized frame so definitely would be no good if you require a decent length of steerer.

OP
OP
Owsh

Owsh

No pics as I first wanted to establish if you could actually be interested and imagined this would be someone who'd match the forks to a yellow frame or beater bike, but you wouldn't seem to be one of these or I'd imagined you'd have said so. But this could be academic though as I've just spotted your second post in the thread requesting that the forks must be one where it's steerer has been left uncut/be a long steerer, and I recall my forks were fitted to quite a small sized frame so definitely would be no good if you require a decent length of steerer.
Ah no problem, I've got a 56cm frame so probably too short 🙁 thanks anyway 👍

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Not many 1" carbon forks were ever made. Try an eBay search for Look, Time or ITM Millennium (it may take a lot of scrolling, because your average eBay seller doesn't bother filling in details like steerer diameter). The Look ones usually have steel steerers and the others usually have carbon ones. They are not usually cheap NOS, and I wouldn't touch a used one unless there was a plausible reason why it was very low mileage.

OP
OP
Owsh

Owsh

Not many 1" carbon forks were ever made. Try an eBay search for Look, Time or ITM Millennium (it may take a lot of scrolling, because your average eBay seller doesn't bother filling in details like steerer diameter). The Look ones usually have steel steerers and the others usually have carbon ones. They are not usually cheap NOS, and I wouldn't touch a used one unless there was a plausible reason why it was very low mileage.

Hi Rog, you're right there's not much out there at all, and what forks are out there have already been cut. Thanks for the advice :smile:

Vickster, that tifosi fork is top of my list at the moment. The frame is Columbus brain though so I might stretch to the Columbus minimal fork :rolleyes:

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/fram...yFo1xt8Pzf_c0ngXEbGMDN9nqo1wAMFRoCxCcQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
Owsh

Owsh

As a matter of interest, are you looking to "restore" the frame by fitting a carbon fork like the one it used to have? Or is this an 'upgrade'?
Best of luck.
Call off the hunt; new fork purchased! It's an upgrade. I've got what I think is a late 90s Peugeot competition frame with no forks. My plan is to have it sanded down and powder coated, and build it up with modern components. The aim is to make it as light as possible, within reason :smile:

Top Bottom