Wanted: Dead GPS Etrex Legend/Venture/Vista

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Does anyone have an old Etrex Legend/Vista or Venture or HCx model that isn't working? I'd like to acquire a "dead" one from which I can rob the back plate (the bit that covers the battery)

I'm working on an alternative mounting scheme, I know there are lots of options out there, but I think I can do better.

Will pay postage and beer tokens too.:rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pete - I have this, the original plate from my bottom-of-the-range Etrex (the old yellow model).

etrex-back-plate.jpg

I always leave the handlebar mounting plate on my Etrex so you could have my original battery cover.

Is that the one you want? If so, PM me your details and I'll get it in the post this afternoon.

Cheers,

ColinJ

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Colin
Thanks for the offer...I've had a closer look at mine and compared with your pic, and realise it's slightly different.
I'm going to need the one from a model with an SD card.

ColinJ

Colin
Thanks for the offer...I've had a closer look at mine and compared with your pic, and realise it's slightly different.
I'm going to need the one from a model with an SD card.
Interesting - I assumed that all the models in the Etrex range shared the same case. They certainly look very similar but I've just looked at pictures of the back of the Etrex Legend and I can see that it has a threaded insert for things to attach to. My Etrex has a separate backplate for the handlebar mount.

ColinJ

Hi Colin.

I have done the same as you and left the cycle back plate on for years. Now I need the original and can't find it. Still want to part with it? I'll pay the postage> try

mattsccm AT fsmail DOT net
Cheers, Matt
You can have it Matt and don't worry about the postage - just do a favour for another CycleChatter when you get the chance!

PM or email me your address and I'll get it in the post this afternoon if it stops raining long enough for me to want to walk to the post office.

mattsccm

Received today. Many thanks. That has brought a GPS back to working usefulness.

Better look for some thing to pass the khama on with hadn't I.

ColinJ

Received today. Many thanks. That has brought a GPS back to working usefulness.

Better look for some thing to pass the khama on with hadn't I.
No problem!

Top Bottom