Wanted: female size 5 shoes for new cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonmccullum

Über Member
Im finally getting the GF onto a bike on a turbo at first

does anyone have an old pair of Size 5 shoes ( either spd or spd-sl doesnt matter)

so she can try them before committing to cycling

thanks

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Jason

I have a pair of Specialized half knackered old cycling shoes in women's 5; I'm a bit loathe to part with them as I'm a tad sentimental about them having done many rides and commutes in them but to be honest they're just gathering dust here and not being used since I got a couple of pairs of new shoes a while back. The inside heel bit on both shoes has rubbed off a little.

One set back, the cleat is a look Keo which I will be taking off- they're road shoes so not SPD recessed cleat compatible which might be a bit tough going for a newbie.

They're black with a bit of turquoise and silver.
I can send them to you free if you pay for the postage cost?

One question though, why cycling shoes to begin with? Does she fancy going the whole hog? Otherwise it might be easier just to start off with some trainers. Up to you both though.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
just a quick tip - if she is a true size 5, get at least a half-size bigger (I speak as a lady with size 5 feet and MTB shoes that are a tad snug!)

I'm not sure- i'm a typical 5 and the shoes fit alright- it might be variable dependent on the width of your feet perhaps?

OP
OP
jasonmccullum

jasonmccullum

Über Member
she isnt ready to go on the road yet so she is using a turbo trainer and spinervals dvd and part of the work out has standing, hense the need for a good pair of shoes

TTcycle how much did u want for them???

Thank for all the replies

Top Bottom